002. KEVIN FREAKING SOLO

Dean is lying on a picnic table with his eyes shut and Sam is sitting next to him. Ophelia is sitting at a different picnic table, playing tic-tac-toe with Libby since the younger one practically begged her to.

"So, what, Cas is human?" Sam asks.

"Ish. I mean, he's got no grace, no wings, no... harp, whatever the hell else he had." Dean says, sitting up.

"He never had a harp." Ophelia states, rolling her eyes.

"Okay. Where'd he crash-land?" Sam asks.

"Called me from a payphone from Longmont, Colorado. I told him just to make for the bunker." Dean says.

"Well, you think he can handle a road trip like that?" Sam asks.

"Well, Cas is a big boy. Things go Breaking Bad, he knows our number." Dean says. "Right now we got bigger worries."

"The fallen angels?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. I mean, thanks to Metatron, we now have a couple of thousand confused loose nukes walking around down here."

"What do you think they're gonna do?"

"I got no damn glue."

"Well, we know at least half of them are gonna hunt Cas." Ophelia says. Dean gives her a look to stop talking.

"What about Crowley? You, uh..." Sam mimics slicing a throat.

"I would've loved nothing better than to ice that limey bitch. But then I thought to myself, what would Sam Winchester do?" Dean says.

"I'd've stabbed him in the brain." Sam states.

"I know what else he would do." Ophelia whispers under her breath.

"Oh." Dean says. "Well, I figured the King of Hell might know a few things, so why not Zero Dark Thirty his ass?"

"And Men in Black Sam's." Ophelia mumbles.

"Wait, so Crowley is... alive?" Sam asks as the brothers walk to the trunk.

"Oh, yeah." Dean opens the trunk to reveal Crowley. "He's the junk in my trunk."

+++

Dean and the girls walk into the bunker. An arrow flies in their direction, getting stuck in the handrail.

"The hell?" Dean mutters.

Kevin stands up from the barricade of books and a flipped over table, and he's holding a crossbow.

"Dean? Ophelia, Libby? You're alive!" Kevin exclaims.

"Yeah, cause you're a crappy shot, Katniss." Dean says, taking the arrow out of the handrail.

"Sorry. It's been a bad couple of days. I-I haven't slept, or eaten, I... I'm pretty backed up." Kevin says as the three walk down the stairs.

"Ew." The girls grimace.

"Okay, overshare." Dean says.

"After we talked, this place went nuts, alright? Th-there was some alarm, and all the machines were freaking out, and the bunker just locked down! I couldn't open the door, my cellphone stopped working, I thought the world was ending!"

"Close. The angels fell." Dean tells them.

"The... what does that mean?" Kevin asks.

"Nothing good." Dean says, taking the crossbow from Kevin. "Listen, next time the world's ending, grab a gun." He puts the crossbow on the table, starting to walk away. "I got service."