033. BOOK OF THE DAMNED

Sam and the kids are sitting in the library and Sam's phone rings, him answering it.

"Cas?" Sam asks. Libby leans closer to him to hear the conversation.

"Can I just kill him now?" Cas asks.

"No, we need him alive for now. Look, after he gives you your grace back, you can do whatever you want with him." Sam says.

"Well, I'd like to kill him slowly." Cas says. Metatron says something, but Libby can't tell what. "Anything on the Mark of Cain?"

"No. I mean, we've been digging for something, for anything, but... I don't know, Cas." Sam says.

"There is an answer out there. We will find a cure for Dean." Cas promises. They hear Metatron say something before a grunt of pain is heard. "Well, just keep digging.

Sam looks up, seeing Dean walk in, and he pushes Libby away.

"Yeah, uh, no one here by the name. Sorry." Sam hangs up.

"Are you wearing a hoodie?" Ophelia asks.

"Yeah." Dean answers, looking down at the white zip up jacket he has on. "What? I can wear more than flannel, you know?"

"You haven't worn a hoodie since, like... 2005 or something." Ophelia says.

"That's not true." Dean argues.

"I'm pretty sure it's true." Ophelia counters.

"I'm wearing a hoodie, get over it." Dean says.

"So, I've been checking through everything again, double checking and triple checking, and..."

"The Mark is a curse." Dean states, cutting his brother off.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Sam scoffs.

"No, Sam, it's a... it's an actual curse." Dean says.

"What are you talking about?" Sam asks.

"Crowley told me. Or rather, Rowena told him after she tried and failed to kill me." Dean says.

"What the hell happened?" Sam asks.

"Do you ever not have a secret?" Ophelia asks.

"The Mark protected me. Rowena doesn't really have a beef with me. She was pissed at Crowley because she thinks he's going soft." Dean says, sitting next to Sam.

"She's not wrong." Sam says.

"Yeah, well, after he and mommy dearest got into a fight--"

"Mommy dearest?"

"Wait, ar-are you saying Rowena is Crowley's mom?" Ophelia asks.

"Yep." Dean nods.

"Rowena... the apparently powerful witch and all that... birthed the King of Hell." Ophelia says.

"Yep." Dean nods again. "More about that later. So, then he came and told me what she had said. The Mark is an actual curse. So, anyway, I'm sorry. I probably should've told you guys that."

"Yeah." Sam says.

"No kidding." Ophelia says.

"Yeah." Dean mumbles. Sam's phone rings, Dean grabbing it and answering. "Winchester Accounting. How may I help you?" "Charlie? What's going on? Where are you?" He puts the phone on speaker. "Okay. Hey, hey. Take a deep breath, kiddo. Uh, we're all sitting here. Tell me what happened. Why are you bleeding?"

"I, uh-- I got shot. Did you know dental floss works great on stitches? I only passed out twice, and I'm pretty sure my wound is now minty fresh." Charlie says.