030. DEAN VS. CAIN

Dean and Ophelia get their order from the food truck and walk back to the Impala. Dean tries to call Cas again, the angel still not answering. Ophelia gets in the backseat next to Libby and Dean gets in the driver's seat.

"So?" Sam asks.

"Cas is still not answering." Dean states.

"Great. Well, I have been looking into Tommy Tolliver, seeing if I can figure out why Cain went to the trouble of springing him." Sam says.

"And?" Dean asks.

"Still pretty unclear. I did find this blotter out of Orlando about his dad, Leon Tolliver. Uh, like father, like son. Convicted felon, fresh warrant for an assault charge, but he's gone missing, hasn't been seen in a week." Sam says.

"You think the two are connected?" Dean asks.

"I mean, the police just assumed he fled the warrant, but if Cain took Tommy, it might not be a coincidence." Sam says.

"So, what, Cain's got a vendetta against the entire family?"

"Maybe."

Dean's phone rings and he takes it out of his pocket.

"It's Cas." Dean answers the phone, putting it on speaker. "Hey, where you at?"

"Illinois." Cas answers.

"Hey, Cas, we got a lead. Cain abducted a Texas death row inmate named Tommy Tolliver." Dean says.

"He's dead." Cas declares.

"What? How do you know?" Dean asks.

"Call it an educated guess. Cain has been very busy." Cas says.

"Okay, where are you? We'll come to you." Dean says.

"I'll call you back." Cas hangs up.

+++

"I'm sorry I couldn't bring better news, Dean." Cas says as the six are in the bunker's library.

"It's not your fault, Cas." Dean says.

"Thank you." Sam hangs his phone up. "All right, the sheriff gave me a few more names, some preliminary I.D.s on the bodies."

"And?" Dean asks.

"And it seems to fit Cas' story. I mean, there's no way to tell the relation to Cain, obviously, but he's wiping out entire families, one after another." Sam says.

"So who's next? Is he done with the Tollivers?" Dean asks.

"Uh, I think so. I mean, Leon didn't have any siblings or any other children I can see, and Tommy was never married, so. I... oh, come on. Damn it."

"What?" Cas asks.

"Tommy did have a son, estranged, who lives with his mother in Ohio, uh... Austin Reynolds, 12 years old." Sam informs.

"Is the kid still alive?" Dean asks.

"As of an hour ago, yeah. He updated his status. But, I mean, come on. It's a kid. You don't really think Cain would..."

"Yes, he would." Cas argues.

"There were old men in those graves, Sam, women. I mean, you heard Cas. It's a fire sale. Everyone must go." Dean says, walking away.

"Where you going?" Sam asks.

"We know where Cain's gonna be. The kid's in danger." Dean says.

"Okay, so what, we track him down to Ohio, and then what?" Sam asks.

"Then I'll do what I have to do. I'll kill Cain." Dean states.

They all walk to Dean's room, only Sam and Ophelia walking in, the rest staying in the doorway.