Chapter 3 | Welcome To The Apex Games!

I shifted up from the bed, my breathing heavy as I threw my head into my hands.

"Fuck...these migraines and dreams..." I mumbled before breathing in and out calmly, allowing the migraine to slowly fade away. I threw my legs to the side of the bed before getting up, rubbing my eyes as I try to adjust to the bright light glowing through the curtains. I slowly made my way to the bathroom, showering and dressing into my clothes from yesterday along with my mask before leaving my room. I couldn't be asked to do my makeup or anything, all I needed was some food to eat and hopefully an emergency clothing shopping spree. 

Once I walked out of my room and locked the door I instantly rushed towards the exit, until I was stopped by a new lady behind the desk.

"Oh! Excuse me, are you the one who's staying at 08?" She asked, giving me a soft friendly smile. At least she knew how to put a smile one. I just nodded in return, kind of hopping that she would let me go after that, however, she only made my horrible morning even worse.

"Ah, well your entitled to your room until 9 pm tonight unless if you'd like to pay for another night" She mentioned. I sighed as anger grew into me. "I'll think about it" I just said simply before storming off to the exit. You've got to be fucking kidding me, that asshole replaces me with no warning and leaves me stranded in the middle of nowhere without enough money to even survive and only pays a DAY for me? I sighed to myself as I walked down the still slightly soaking street, keeping my mask down as my eyes stayed looking ahead.

"At least he paid for a night i guess..." I whispered to myself as i made my way to a small store, hoping it would at least sell SOMETHING that was consumable. I ended up picking up a sandwich and drink just to tie me over for now. I pulled out my phone, only to already have a bunch of messages from social media about me being replaced with another girl. I took one look of her and already wanted to gag. If THATS what they're replacing me with then thank fuck I got replaced. I laughed to myself slightly as I made it back to my room, throwing myself onto the bed as I take one look at my sandwich, already not in the mood to eat now.

I just laid there for what seemed like hours, thinking about what I could do to get enough money to save up for a few nights. I looked at the clock only to notice that it was only 1pm. I sighed and closed my eyes. If only i was normal...

If only... I was... Wait...

My eyes shot open as I threw myself off of the bed. "FUCK THE APEX GAMES!"

I quickly gripped onto my phone as I went onto the website to sign up. I don't know why I was doing this, no one ever got in anyway unless if they would make a great difference to the games. I shook off all of the negative thoughts. You'll never know unless you try...

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. It was from... The Apex Games...? I groaned as I grabbed my phone, answering the phone and fixing up my posture to sound at least more presentable.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered. OH FUCKING COME ON Y/N OUT OF ALL TIMES YOU STUTTER NOW? I face palmed my face as I waited for a response.

"Hey, is this uhm... Killswitch?" A deep voice spoke, making my speakers rumble ever so slightly.

"Speaking..."I spoke, holding my excitement in as I knew they MUST of called me for a reason.

"Oh hi, yes um we've seen your email that you sent not too long ago, and we would love to learn more. Do you think you would ever have the chance to have a interview with us regarding your application?" He asked, sounding as if he would be hoping me to say yes.

"Yes of course! I'm free whenever" I replied. After the call i was messaged the details of the date and such. Well, looks like i'm gonna be an apex legend now...