𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉

Start from the beginning

All of the words that left my mouth were true, no sugarcoating whatsoever. It was all true, instead of my fake life story for them.

"But with the situation we're in right now, I think the chances were getting low day by day, you know?" I swallowed a lump on my throat, blinking rapidly to stop the wet tears begging to leave my eyes.

"It's hard to dream when hell is right in front of you. I don't know how I'll manage things now that I'm protecting all of you." I shook my head. "I still have so much to do when this is over.. I have to go back to my Mom, and continue school so I could graduate.. but it seems so far away. It feels out of reach."

Draco might be understanding it in the way that my Mom was a sensitive topic, thinking that she might've left me all alone by myself after I transferred into Hogwarts. But everything I said was true, even though he might not notice it.

"I'm terrified too, for your sake and for everyone's sake." Draco breathed out, clutching my hand while he rubbed the top of my hand with his finger. "It's not like me to say this, but Jills, you're not the one to back off from something, and if I were in your place, you would tell me to keep on going. So keep on going, we're halfway through this war and it'll be over before you know it."

"I know." I smiled a bit, feeling a bit funny when Draco tried to talk like me. "You know, if there was a chance to go back in time when things were still normal, I'd take it without hesitation."

"Eh, I think not. You won't have your hot best friend who's sitting next to you right now." Draco smirked.

"Maybe I'll go back in time and make sure to put a stop on your overflowing ego." I nudged him, a small grin forming on my face.

"Shut the hell up and let me hold you." Draco scoffed, shaking his head before enveloping me in his arms.

"You're so sappy, Hobbs. If I could remember clearly, you didn't want to be touched back in fourth year." I leaned into him, speaking with a teasing tone.

"I spend most of my time with you, that's why." Draco let out a snort, smirking.

"Wow," I whistled lowly. "I turned you soft.. well, that's a huge development on my part, congratulations to both of us!"

"I'm not soft." Draco said firmly, his face was now stoic and I could almost feel deja vu due to how he always seemed to do that expression back at school.

"You can smile around me, you know? I know you take pride in being the "Slytherin Prince slash Malfoy heir" but you don't have to be ashamed of being soft." I shrugged, poking his tense cheek.

"Well, now you know how I keep my emotions intact." Draco replied cooly with a smirk, adjusting his long sleeved shirt.

"Now that's what I have to learn from you." I added with an amused look.

"You can't, Jills. You laugh at practically everything.. your humour is too broken." Draco looked at me as if I said a joke.

"I can hide my emotions," I raised an eyebrow, before turning my face into a dull expression. My eyes were relaxed and my mouth was fully closed.

I laughed deep inside, knowing I proved him wrong by that. I may be dumb at Maths, but I am definitely not bad at acting.

"You're evil laughing internally, I can see it in your eyes." Draco squinted his eyes at me, crossing his arms.