Chapter 25 Prelude

Start from the beginning

She outstretched her hands, firing off two blasts. . . one hitting a light on the ceiling. She blanched and muttered a shy "Oops."

Zeny: And that named attack you used on me, you said "Max Charge," what does that mean exactly.

Nejire: Oh! I can only hold my Quirk inside my body for so long, like ten seconds, before it just shoots out. (Laughs nervously) My control is really bad. . .

Zeny: Show me.

The bluenette outstretched her arm, a yellow light just barely shining through her outfit, and after ten seconds, a spiral shot out of her hand and surged into the far wall, exploding on impact and burning a hole in it.

Zeny: . . . Yeah, that control is terrible.

Nejire: (Dies)

To make matters worse, at maximum charge, her spirals still didn't move fast enough for her to be okay with it.

Zeny: Let's try it a few more times. Hold it in as long as you can. . .

After nine tries, and rather disappointing results, Nejire let out a long sigh. As she thought of what she was doing wrong, Zeny noticed something else. . .

Zeny: She said Output Level 30 during our fight, so I'm guessing this is output level 1.

Ten holes were burned into the dome, and the smoke from the explosions still lingered. . . Even at its weakest, Wave Motion was really, really, strong.

Zeny: So that's what it is. . . You're just like Izuku!

Nejire: Izu-ku? Who's that?

Zeny: A friend of mine-

Nejire: Is he your bestie?!

Zeny: Uh, yes-

Nejire: Is he a boy?!

Zeny: (Blushes) Wh-Why does that matter-

Nejire: YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND-

Bonk.

Comical tears streamed down the bluenette's face, steam flowing off the red bump on her head.

Nejire: Ow. . .

Zeny: ANYWAYS!

The Rose shook all the red off her face and sighed.

Zeny: (Grumbles) As I was saying. . . You Quirk is really strong, too strong.

Nejire: Um, what?

Zeny: It's too strong for your body to hold it in. Since you asked for a metaphor, it's like a small wooden wall trying to hold back a tornado.

Nejire: . . . . . That's a simile-

Zeny: SO! We've got two choices! We work out until you've built enough muscle to hold back your quirk, OR. . .

Nejire: Or. . .?

Zeny: We use your Quirk to reinforce your body.

Nejire: Huh? How am I supposed to- OHHH! I get it! I got it!

Zeny: (Smirks) Then show me. . .

Using the same logic behind enhancing her punch, Nejire-Chan summoned Wave Motion and spiraled it around her body, coating herself in the energy!

Nejire: I don't know if it's working, but-

Zeny: Then let's find out!

Nejire: Huh? W-W-WAIT-!