Prologue

It all began in China, in Qingqing City. There was news that a baby that gave off light was born. Ever since then, superpowers were discovered in various places, and time passed without the cause being identified. The world has become a superhuman society, and about eighty percent of the world's population now has some kind of special trait. In this world swirling with chaos, the profession that everyone once dreamed about and admired came into the limelight. That profession. . . was heroes.

And with Heroes, came Villains. Those that used their power for their own sick satisfaction, or for some perverse cause formulated in their own minds, were wreaking having into the world. The Heroes battled them to a standstill, the deadlock between good and evil never ceasing.

But the arrival of these powers did more than just birth extraordinary Heroes and deadly Villains. Naturally, there were those who wished to study what 'Quirks' were, whether it was for exploitation, or simply curiosity, knowledge spread. One such way it was found was through. . . clans.

Factions. Clans. Groups of people who consolidated power in order to study it. However, their noble intentions were soon snuffed out by a lust for even more power. These Clans closed themselves off from society, marrying within the bounds of their faction to purify their bloodline and create the most powerful Quirks they could possibly achieve. Dozens upon dozens of clans had risen, but many began to die out. The first to go were the villainous clans, the Heroes dismantling them. Following suit were those who settled on the blurred line between good and bad, the governments of the world deciding that the sick experimentation be abolished, resulting in a further decrease of clans. The public opinion of the remaining clans turned sour as the clans' kin began to see themselves as superior to others due to their enhanced Quirks. As the clans were shunned more and more, many simply disbanded to avoid the words of the world, other's simply growing a conscious and stopping their deeds. Of course, there were clans dedicated to good, self proclaimed 'Hero Clans', but they faced the same treatment as the others and soon dispersed as well.

Before long, only a single clan remained in the world. The Rose Clan, notorious for two reasons. The first being their illusion Quirk, Dream. It was simple, held by a majority of the clan. Upon making skin contact with another person, that person will see, feel, smell, or hear anything the holder wishes. The ones that didn't have the Quirk still at the very least had illusion based power. The second reason for their notoriety was a team of five Heroes composed entirely of Roses, named the 'Bouquet' by the public.

Nyx Rose.

Gaia Rose.

Eros Rose.

Tartarus Rose.

The four of the five members were soon forgotten by the world, their hero names disgraced and left in the past. The notoriety of the Rose Clan was soon replaced by Infamy. The fifth, the leader of the Bouquet was different. He was the jewel of the faction, their prized possession.

The Dark Hero, EverKnight. . .

An oddity occurred, spelling the end of the Rose Clan. A child was born. Her quirk was not Dream, nor was it illusion based in the slightest. . . .

———————————————————————

Japan. High in the Japanese Alps was where the Rose Clan resided. The clouds above it were stained a nasty gray, smoke rising into the sky from the burning flames plaguing the stretching compound. Blood stained its grounds, bodies lining its walls. Homes were evaporated, destroyed, debris laying everywhere. A woman crawled to the gates, blood trailing her as she attempted to escape. . . only for a blade to penetrate her heart.

EverKnight: Pathetic.

The brightest of the Roses was drenched in darkness. . . The blood of men, women, and children were on his hands. The Rose Clan had been wiped out. . . Suddenly, a crash sent smoke whirling away. The once Hero could only turn its way.

EverKnight: All Might. . .

The Symbol of Peace arose from the crater he created. His hulking body, sharp and gravity defying blond hair, and prideful garb were revealed as the smoke around him cleared. . . Toshinori Yagi was not smiling. His glare was trained on the piercing silver eyes behind a wall of darkness.

All Might: EverKnight. . . What have you done?

EverKnight: You couldn't possibly understand.

All Might: You were a hero! Why stoop to this level! You've slaughtered children, and for what?!

EverKnight: . . . Heroes freely flaunt their power, have the ability to use their quirks without repercussions. Many aspire to be Heroes for that very reason, but those that fail in that task become envious. That envy births Villains. The Heroes become stronger to face them, and more fail to become Heroes and instead become Villains. A cycle of envy poisons this world. . . and I. . . Will. Break. That. Cycle.

All Might: . . . To believe you've fallen this far. I do not want to fight you, Young Rose, but I will if I must.

EverKnight: No. . . you won't.

All Might: You need to touch me in order to activate your quirk, the battle will be over before it begins.

EverKnight: . . . You're wrong. It's already over.

The True Hero gasped as the smoke seemingly spiraled around the murderer!

EverKnight: The quirk of the common Rose is known as Dream, but I am no common Rose. Let's simply call my power. . . Nightmare.

The Symbol of Peace speared into the killer, only for his body to disperse into a flock of crows. . .

All Might: He. . . He doesn't even need to lift a finger to put me in an illusion. I've been in one the moment I arrived here. . . Damn it.

The illusion faded, and EverKnight was long gone. . . Toshinori could still hardly believe that all this blood, all this death was caused by a dear ally. And if that dear ally was now on the opposing side, it spelled disaster for anyone who blocked his path.

All Might: If he can truly cast illusions without needing to touch his target, he'll be unstoppable. Young Rose. . . This isn't-

A cry. Faint. Quiet. Alive. . . Within an instant, the Hero punched down a door to one of the only buildings left in tact. Just beyond the foyer was a young girl, only three years old. She laid limp on the ground, tears streaming down her face. . .

All Might: . . .

Not even the darkest of hearts could easily cast away their love.

All Might: Young Rose. . . You still have light.

EverKnight could not kill his own sister. . . .