Chapter 14 Reason To Be

How was school?

It was school.

Have you made any friends?

Yes.

Do you participate in class?

Yes.

Did you learn anything new today?

Yes.

Do you like your teachers?

Yes.

———————————————————————

Do you want to be a Hero, like me?

Yes.

Okay. . . Then what kind of Hero do you want to be?

I. . . . . I don't know.

———————————————————————

Within a clear meadow, at the crack of dawn. . . bolts of cerulean clashed!

Diamond: Better, but. . . predictable!

Zeny: Tch!

The mother and daughter raced across the fields, the former's blue aura significantly brighter and fuller than the latter's! Cracks spread across Zeny's skin, her power rising as she pounced! A heavy strike was deflected with the mere swipe of the bluenette's hand, the force blowing harshly against the grass! The blue highlighted ravennette roared as she kicked herself at her mother, unleashing a flurry of rapid strikes, only for the elder woman to negate them faster than they could be thrown! Focusing her pain into her right arm, Zeny reeled it back and launched it forward, a massive burst of force rocketing out of her! Right as she tried to catch her breath, a hand was placed on her shoulder from behind.

Diamond: I win.

Almost instantly, a fist was flying at her, the woman only tilting her head to evade.

Zeny: Please, take this seriously. . .

Diamond: *frowns* I am.

Zeny: *mumbles* Doesn't really feel like it when you spend four hours taunting me. . .

Diamond: Well, I'd prefer to annoy you to get your blood flowing over beating it into flowing.

Zeny: *sighs*

The girl let herself fall onto her butt, beyond peeved about this morning's training session.

Diamond: . . . Your style is quick, flowing, strong. Only problem is that all of it falls apart once you get frustrated. It happens too fast when you fight anyone beyond you.

Zeny: Not really in my control here. . .

Diamond: We went over this. You-

Zeny: *rolls eyes* I control my pain. I get it. I can do that in case you haven't noticed.

She pointed to where her charged punch had landed, a large divot in the field.