𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅.

chapter thirty six

{ unedited }

BELLA WAS BACK IN THAT PLACE

BELLA WAS BACK IN THAT PLACE. That Hell full of red with that creature, Vecna, in front of her. He was looking down at her without saying a word, as if studying every last one of her thoughts and feelings, whilst Bella's body was paralysed and her mouth felt like it was glued shut, unable to get a single word out with vines wrapping around her arms and legs to keep her lifted from the ground.

"You don't trust me," he said, his voice echoing around the flat plane. "I wouldn't lie to you. I am not like those humans and I am not going to hurt you. I told you, I want to help you. Yes, I killed those two but it was nothing they didn't deserve. They know it as well as I do. They accepted it."

Bella squirmed against her restraints, trying to talk but nothing came out. She hated it. After so long of being under the control of other people, people who only wished to use her as a weapon, she managed to break free from their chains only to be out of control once more. All she wanted was to be free, to be safe with her friends, her family, so why did this have to happen to her? Why her? She did nothing to deserve this.

Vecna didn't stop talking, he didn't seem to care for Bella's struggle as the vines around her arms tightened, her hands curling into fists as the paralysis began to fade but the vines still wrapped around her body. "Together, we can restore the world to how it once was, to how it should be. We'll be unbeatable. If you can rid yourself of these ideals and beliefs that have been forced onto you, you'll understand just how brainwashed the world is. You'll see how truly broken your society is and how I am only trying to fix the mess created by humans with no regard for anybody but themselves, much like they have no regard for an ecosystem that has been keeping them alive for centuries. Yes, I have killed but it was for a greater good. A good that you can be part of, which I want you to be part of. You can do much more than create sparks, Arabella, and if you trust me I can help you to reach your full potential. Don't you understand that? I can save you if you trust me."

Bella would be lying if she said she didn't think about it. What he was saying...it made sense. They were thrown into a system from the moment they were born and had rules set as guidelines and if one were to break the rules, they were seen as delinquents. Outcasts. Someone to not be trusted. The people of the earth didn't care for anyone but themselves and they didn't care about the destruction they caused to the planet that was keeping them alive. Vecna, as much as she hated to admit it, had a point.

However, with the bad there was good. There was always good and she found that with her friends. Even if it was a shitty place to live in, she had a family who she loved and would never give up for anything or anyone. Her moms and uncle who would give up everything for each other, for her, and showered her with love. Dustin who would help every little animal he came across. Mike who, at one point, would jump off cliffs just to protect his friends. Will who, despite everything he had gone through and how harsh the world had been to him, would treat everyone with kindness and love. Lucas who would always put his friends before himself and put himself in danger to protect the ones he loves. El who would sacrifice herself over and over to protect a town that had her locked up for the better part of her life.