bonus³ (part one)

late night in milan.

A SOFT MUSICAL AIR floated through the small, somewhat rustic italian restaurant where trent and tosca were. the heat had invaded milan since the beginning of summer now and it was not uncommon to see the customers sitting around pulling out a fan or wiping away a few drops of dripping sweat with their napkins. water was the most popular drink on all the tables and the poor waiters had to make numerous trips to the kitchen to fill the bottles which were being emptied at sight, their faces reddened by the effort. despite this stifling weather, the adjacent beach with its clear water made them forget it and everybody kept their complaints to themselves, simply admiring the view offered by the italian city.

the sunset was breathtaking and the rays were reflected in the beautiful emerald eyes of tosca, who had been staring into space for a few seconds now. her swimming suit, still wet from their late evening swim, was still on her back while she had tied a sarong around her waist for their dinner together. her face was devoid of any makeup; the sun had brought out her tanned complexion and freckles while grains of sand were sparse throughout her hair, which was gradually drying in the heavy air of her hometown. trent had to admit that he had been having a hard time taking his eyes off her since earlier.

conversations were lively around the two adults and the right-back, even if he didn't understand anything, found that the italian language sounded ideal and caressed his ear with its joyful sound. admiration came naturally to him for the welcome that these people could show and the warmth that seemed to inhabit them at all times, no matter if it was raining or windy. perhaps it was the summer that brought this out, but the colourful clothes worn by the milanese people matched the buildings beautifully and reinforced the intensely peaceful atmosphere.

the wait in restaurants could sometimes be long and dull, but here, it was like learning to take time, breathe for two minutes, and really scrutinize your surroundings. maybe it was the holidays and the season that favoured these conditions, but trent wanted to believe that this lifestyle didn't end as soon as the lowest temperatures began; although his vision as a foreigner surely biased him too. it was crazy to think that tosca had grown up here with this breathtaking scenery and landscape. like the children running on the beach nearby, he imagined his girlfriend fifteen years ago, laughing out loud — likely alongside giulia.

eventually, she came out of her thoughts to direct her gaze towards her favourite footballer, who had been watching her with tenderness for many minutes now. she gently tilted her head to one side and stretched her lips into a thin smile before leaning over to her boyfriend to grasp the glasses that had been on his nose since they got out of the water; "i have sensitive eyes," he had told her.

watching her put them on, trent chuckled softly and took the opportunity to strike a few poses in the reflection of the glasses. a laugh found its way to her mouth before she dropped her chin between her two hands, crushing her cheeks in the process and making her look so adorable that trent felt compelled to pinch the top of her cheekbones between his thumbs and index fingers.

"they look good on you," he flattered her, his facial features easing even more at the image of tosca wearing his glasses. she simply turned up her nose, creating small creases at the tip of it before thanking him kindly and putting the glasses on top of her skull, dragging her hair with it and unveiling her complexion at the same time — which he kept contemplating.

"can i keep them?" tosca rested her gaze on the young man in front of her as she asked him the question to which trent answered positively; they suited her better than him anyway. at his answer, the girl clapped her hands excitedly as if the boy had just offered her the gift of the century, and the player let out a tiny laugh as he lowered his head to the menu under his nose.