²³retrouvailles

december, thirty-first.

𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘷𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘴 [𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯]: 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 "𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯" 𝘪𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵, 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯.

ONLY A FEW MORE MINUTES and they would be two. trent was as excited as he was nervous. her smile so special to admire, her sweet smell and her eyes in his would soon be there. so much had happened during her absence that he couldn't remember everything but the feeling he had of losing her in the whirlwind of their feelings. it was an eternity that had separated them. it was the distance, the fear that was sometimes difficult to share, the moments of sadness and doubt when there was no one to reassure each other. all the words and looks they had not said to each other.

her absence had been like living on half-breath for trent. it was lacking air and love, lacking them all day long. it was trying to tame the lack when it became more and more uncontrollable. not being able to do so, and ruin everything. it was the fear that danced in the veins and the anguish that paralyzed. it was the silence and the absence of communication for several days. it was doubting their feelings. it was questioning whether it was still worth it. it was tearing each other apart and pretending that nothing had happened. but despite everything, it was missing the other.

it was for all these reasons that impatience had taken over his brain and anxiety over his heart. both were fighting to know who would take control of the young man's body when the brunette would be in front of him. his back was pressed up against his car parked in the car park, desperately waiting for tosca and giulia who were due to arrive any minute.

his foot tapped anxiously on the ground, readjusting his hair every five seconds, checking the time on his watch just as regularly, thinking that if he did so, time would pass more quickly. the last minute he spent alone was unbearable, almost unbreathable until he saw her figure appear in the distance, her suitcases rolling behind her.

although at a reasonable distance from the young woman, trent could already feel his heart racing with excitement at every step that brought her closer to him. the only thing that made him pause was that giulia was not with her. but anyway, when she was finally close enough to him and he felt her big green eyes watching him from all sides, a little confused and probably wondering what to do, he took a deep breath before biting his lower lip, repressing the growing smile on his mouth.

for a few brief seconds, they both stood face to face without either of them daring to make the first move. he could only think of touching her, it was almost obsessive, but he held back because he knew nothing about her consent to his gestures. that is why he stood there with his arms flailing like an idiot, totally overwhelmed by emotion.

it was finally tosca, who, feeling all her defences crumble one by one in front of the young man and his little smile, took her courage and nestled against his chest with a sigh of relief. their embrace was natural, like a breath of fresh air that they finally allowed themselves to take after all this time of apnea.

the young woman felt his firm chest against her ear and his noisy heart that sometimes seemed to miss a beat. his hands folded behind her back, he drew her all the more towards him, definitely breaking down the last barriers of the italian girl who let herself go completely to his touch. the young man, eager to finally observe her closely, detached himself somewhat from her before caressing the contours of her face tenderly with his fingers. he devoured her with his eyes, passing his hand through her wild curls, scanning the entirety of her face to be sure that the freckles he loved so much were still appearing on it as if he could not believe that she was not part of an almost forgotten dream.