¹⁹words have meaning

december, seventh.

WHEN TRENT SAW TOSCA AFTER THE GAME for the first time in more than a month, he felt his heart stop for a moment, because of how beautiful she was, but also because he wasn't prepared. coming out of the locker room as changed and ready to go, he had expected so little to see her that he had stopped dead in his tracks. he didn't know she would be here, but thinking about it now, they had played against milan, and she was in milan, so it seemed pretty natural and logical that she had been invited — even if he did not know by whom.

in profile to him and with her head bent over her phone as she waited, she had not yet noticed him. a jacket was folded between her two arms and a liverpool jersey was on her shoulders. being from milan, she could have chosen to wear their jersey, but her love for the rival team had triumphed and it was salah who was displayed on her back. this little attention made trent smile faintly despite himself, a smile that unfortunately quickly faded when he met the icy gaze of tosca, who must have felt his slightly too insistent look on her.

avoiding her eyes would surely have been the best option, yet, feeling his anger resurface, he held her gaze without flinching, almost challenging her, hoping that she would be the one to break eye contact first. as they stood several feet apart in the hallway leading to the locker room, the tension between the two was so electric that anyone passing by would notice it. and this is what happened a few seconds later when virgil came out of the locker room, accompanied by joel and andy.

the three of them looked at each other subjectively before their eyes went back and forth between tosca and trent, having the subtle impression that they were disturbing. they still ended up walking towards the young woman who smiled radiantly as she was so happy to see them again and at the same time broke her eye game with the scouser.

"hi, i'm so glad to see you!" she exclaimed as she took andy in her arms for a brief hug, looking over her shoulder to continue to glare at trent who did the same.

leaning against the wall, his arms crossed against his chest, he watched as the players came out of the locker room to greet the beautiful italian girl in turn, without him taking part.

robbo leaned toward the young woman who was standing in front of him to ask her discreetly, "you still haven't spoken?"

no words came out of her mouth, she just turned her head from side to side to let him know that no, they still hadn't spoken, and she honestly didn't know if she wanted to, given how their last conversation had gone. but trent's teammates had decided otherwise, and as they all slipped away, they decided to leave them alone, hoping for a potential reconciliation between the two young adults.

a heavy silence enveloped them and the hallway they were in. nothing seemed to disturb them or make them want to talk to each other, an icy look at each other was enough. staying like this forever didn't seem impossible and they were well on their way to doing so, until a player from the opposing team showed up in the hallway, followed by several other teammates.

trent huffed before giving himself a boost with his hands against the wall to advance towards the italian girl, whose eyes he had lost for a few seconds. his shoulder that brushed hers as he passed by her was enough for her to follow him. without saying a word, they understood that a discussion outside might be more appropriate. he felt her presence at his back as he guided her towards the car park where the bus would take him and the team back to the hotel before they flew back to liverpool.

they leaned against a wall a little out of sight before the footballer decided to speak first, attacking her with a simple question, "you didn't come with your italian man?" he asked calmly, looking straight ahead into the void, before turning his head towards her to observe her reaction.