Chapter 5: The Start of the Beginning

Consider giving a follow and an upvote!

Also if you have time, visit my kp-fi page and leave a tip if you want!
https://ko-fi.com/havenesa

*****

"Chu-Hei!" Her voice rang throughout the corridor, but the sound of her heels clicking against the tile of the floor, as she walked in strides with her overpowering aura naturally made the others in the corridor walk to the side to make a path for the woman. Raising a hand, she waved at Chu-Hei, her silver watch which was embedded in diamonds reflected the lighting from the room, as her other expensive jewelry seemed to blind everyone.

Finally reaching Chu-Hei, who patiently waited for her to catch up before continuing her path. "It's only been a month," she said in her usual deadpan tone.

Chuckling, Da-Bin removed the designer sunglasses she was wearing to reveal her dark gray eyes, a contrast to the bright red lipstick she wore, "A month is like a decade to a woman who gave birth to four ungrateful brats," she casually scorned her children as she haphazardly through the sunglasses to her assistance that quietly stayed by her side.

The sunglasses were worth more than the average rent in Gangnam.

Dark brown eyes glanced sideways at the older woman who just casually threw a pair of sunglasses worth more than her weekly salary, but did not comment on it, "What brings you back to Korea? I thought you wanted to spend more time in California."

"That was the plan," Da-Bin exasperatedly sighed, "But one of my brats needed some help so I needed to come back here."

"Financial or moral?"

"Both."

"So I take it that something happened with Yoongi," Even if she didn't want to, Chu-Hei is very much familiar with Da-Bin and her family-life as the older women constantly overshared details.

Da-Bin only sighed, but couldn't hide the satisfaction she felt as she fulfilled her motherly duties over 20 years later. Better now than never, "Just the usual," the women casually spoke, "Soultamtes breaking apart for stupid reasons and then becoming all depressed over it. My poor son is so heartbroken that he doesn't know what to do with himself."

Whenever Da-Bin spoke like this, casually talking about her son's pain as if she was idly chit-chatting about the latest fashion trend to her friend, once again reminded Chu-Hei why Da-Bin's children did not particularly reach out too much to confide in their mother. Yet, it was a charm that came with Da-Bin, and if you wanted to be around her, one must toughen their skin or be like Chu-Hei, unresponsive and unbothered.

"I see," Chu-he replied with as much enthusiasm as one can muster from watching paint dry, "I hope he feels better soon."

Laughing in amusement at Chu-Hei's response, Da-Bin only smirked a bit as she casually held out her hand to which her assistant instinctively knew to give her lipstick and a small pocket mirror. Casually while walking, Da-Bin flipped the mirror open and began to reapply a bright red color onto her lips that caught many people's attention. Several turns they made down the extensively long hallway. "So cold Chu-Hei. Your darling sister is also one of the reasons why my son is all down and depressed. Does she have any plans to talk to the boys?'

Even at the mention of her sister's name, Chu-Hei did not react at all, "Not that I know of."

"But I thought she was coming back to Korea?" Of course, Da-Bin already knew, but having a topic for conversation was never bad to fill in the otherwise quite air.

"To help out our father with the new cafe he opened up," While his father wanted to sell both his cafe and house completely, Chu-he managed to convince him to just sell the cafe, and to at least preserve the good memories of the house where his three children grew up. However, he did end up opening a new cafe more towards the center of the town more, "She's not coming back for her soulmates. Can she even call them that? Her mark has been long gone."