Chapter 3 - Old Acquaintances

Consider giving a follow and an upvote!

Also if you have time, visit my kp-fi page and leave a tip if you want!
https://ko-fi.com/havenesa

*****

The cafe was bustling and lively, filled with both the elderly and young college students having come to study, and consume their daily caffeine of the day. While some were buried into their studies, majority seemed to be enjoying their day, with bright smiles on their face as their either enjoyed some quality time by thesmelves or with those they find company enjoyable.

However, there was one table in particular, where the atmosphere wasn't exactly hostile or gloomy, not cheerful and happy, but an awkward cloud hung over the two girls seated there.

One of them rubbed the back of their neck awkwardly, fingers unconsciously tracing the dark lines that made its mark there, "It kind of feels wrong for me to be here," Kimie confessed after some time of silence.

The girl who was seated in front of her only chuckled a bit, an awkward chuckle as she looked out the window they were seated next to, observing the people that passed by them, and Kimie noticed how her shoulder length hair grew a bit over the year, brushing past her shoulders, and she seemed skinnier, more paler, and more tired. Yet, the smile on the girls face stayed as dark gray eyes turned back to look at Kimie, "I know, I'm thankful for you meeting with me though and not telling Sera," Lilia replied back gratefully.

"Its been a very long time so I assumed you reached out. But as a friend of Sera's, it doesnt sit right with me to meet up with you in secret," It goes against the very person Kimie tried to be, but Lilia, at one point, was her friend as well, "Its like I've  gone behind her back."

Lilia only bowed her head slightly, a mixture of guilt and apology behind it, "I know, if you do want to tell Sera, I'm fine with that as well. I just wanted to talk to you, but I have plans to reach out to Sera."

"Obviously we were friends before, so its not like im going to ignore you. I just want to know, why now I guess?"

"I don't really know why now, to be honesnt, but I just thought, if not now, when? I ran to Califonria to get away from everything, so when I heard all of you guys were here, I was scared," Lilia confessed, talking as if shes been wanting to say these things for so long. Yet she talked hesitantly, stared at Kimie hesitantly, as if wondering where she exactly stood with Kimie and Sera, after all this time with no contact.

"Senior year for us was crazy, wasn't it? Or it was first year of veterinary school. I never got the chance to even ask if you were every okay," there were two sides to every story, two feelings to condeer and a middle that often goes ignored. Kimie felt massive regret, when Lilia left so suddenly and Kimie wasn't able to talk to her.

Lilia dind't talk right away, stayed silent momentarily as her thoughts were momentarily silent before suddenly being filled with so many things she wanted to say, but dind't know what to say. While Lilia was not the most confidant person, she also wasn't shy. Lilia was an outgoing person and often spoke her mind, but in a more genler manner then Kimie, but now, it seemed as if the confidence Lilia has, disappeared over the year, "For a long time I wasn't," Lilia spoke, and Kimie wondered for how long, "And I took it out on everyone, and dragged them into this mess. I wanted to apologize to everyone, sincerely. Especially to Sera."

"So why dont you?" Kimie spoke bluntly. Kimie wasn't an insensitive person, she understood the emotions Lilia must be feeling right now, but Kimie's style was to not be so hesitant. To go for it, because if nothings done then nothing changes.

Laughing a bit, Lilia thought that was such a Kimie response. That truly, things were simple, but human emotion is what causes it to become so complicated, "I don't want to cause any more trouble for her if I contact her. I just wanna know of its okay for me to reach out."