new Duty, same people

"Say my little kwami, do you know the story of the Miraculouse?" came a deep, rough voice that tried to banish the silence in the room with the echo.
The only source of light, the flame of a single candle flickered as the last echo of those words came to rest.

"A long long time ago, there was a powerful box. Inside it were many little creatures that were created from all sorts of things. Humans had christened them 'Kwamis' and since then they have served humans in many ways. Improving they livestyle and standarts alike.
About the first two that where ever created, they are said to have been created for one purpose only, creation and destruction, and they are said to be the most powerful of the beings in the entire box.
Although kwamis are kind and peaceful beings, fear and power are said to have sparked battles and even wars from time to time, as humans want to use them for their own selfish purposes, as it is human nature to want whatever interests them woke up.
Eventually, wise and experienced monks took charge of the kwamis and took charge of the box to protect it from the eyes of the general public.
But even that shouldn't put an end to the fights for the box. And so it was that one day, amidst the horrible battle cries and weeping of people who had given their lives for this box, it disappeared from public view forever.
Even today, many of these creatures are said to have disappeared along with this box. Nobody knows where they are or where to find them. Only a select few should be able to find these creatures. At least that's what they say."

"Adrien? Are you ready?" Nathalie called the boy up to his room. She stood impatiently in front of the big staircase in the hall and waited for the boy who should have been in her car 5 minutes ago.

"I'll be right there!" he called  back from the room from which you could hear him trying to stuff more things into his already overfull bag.
'What was the boy expecting? It was just the day he enrolled at the school. There had never been any mention of him participating directly in the lessons' it shot through Nathalie's mind. A light sigh escaped her as she looked back into the large room, in which her workplace was located, among other things. The door was open just a crack, leaving no way of looking inside. But now and then you could hear quiet noises, which probably came from Gabriel. The big gala was not far away, and Gabriel was gradually retiring with his designs, which was mainly due to the fact that he was currently struggling with an art block.
Nathalie mood got spoiled by just thinking about how both of them would have to work a few nights just to make it in time.
'Either the children can be happy about some lessons being cancelt' thought Nathalie. 'Or she'll finally learn to stand up on her own.'

"I'm ready!" announced Adrien, who came down the stairs beaming with joy like a honey cake horse and brought Nathalie back to the present.

"Why did you pack your bag?"

"For school"

"We only sign you up"

"But.. -"

"Just. sign you up." she repeated in a more strict voice making the boy slight disappointed.

"We can see that you can attend classes at the earliest possible date, alright?" added Nathalie, which Adrien immediately confirmed with a smiling nod.

"Good. We're on our way, Mr. Agrest," Nathalie announced and then disappeared through the door with Adrien.

Gabriel however looked in awe at the note in his hand which he had found next to a small jewelry box. At first he hadn't thought much of it, thinking it was a gift from Adrien or maybe even Nathalie. But why should they buy him jewelry on an ordinary Tuesday? Not to mention that Gabriel wasn't the type to dress up in jewellery. So the box alone had made him suspicious.
But what seemed even stranger was the piece of paper on which he was now fully concentrating.