4.11 𝖣𝖮𝖠

Start from the beginning

"Scott! Scott, I found an antidote!" Stiles' voice rings through the vault as he begins pounding on the door. "Scott, hey open up!"

Allison moves to the door, trying to open it, but she couldn't. She looks back at Malia, who is clutching the block and crying. Olive moves to try to get to the door, but she stumbles into one of the shelves and almost falls to the floor. Scott leans against a pole, breath heaving as he reaches around the air and Isaac is laying on the floor. He looked dead. They'd all lost their sight, and seemingly their mind with it, so they weren't going to be much help. This was up to her.

"Stiles! They can't see anything, tell me what it is," Allison shouts through the other side of the door and pounds on it lightly.

"Reishi Mushrooms! They're called Reishi Mushrooms!" He yells back and Allison nods, turning to the many shelves behind her. The group is physically getting weaker, many of them are on the ground and their breath is getting slower. Allison bets if she could hear their heartbeat, it would be fading. 

"Where Stiles? I need to know where!" She shouts back, tears welling in her eyes as she looks around at all of her friends.

"I- I don't know, all he said was mushrooms!" Stiles grows more worried by the minute, banging on the door and trying to pry it open, even though he knows it won't work. He grows weaker, his own illness taking its toll on his body and he shoves himself at the door once more before slowly sliding down it, tucking his knees into his chest and resting his head on them.

"Reishi Mushrooms," Kira says between breaths from the floor. "I saw some on the first shelf by the door."

Allison nods, immediately moving to the shelves and searching for the jar. She grabs it, hurriedly running to Scott as she opens it, but she drops the jar on the floor. 

"Shit!" She yells, tears streaming down her face as she kneels to pick it up. The dust begins to spread across the room, the group inhales it and Scott's eyes shoot up, meeting her gaze. 

"Allison?" He asks breathlessly and Allison's eyes widen. She smiles, sighing in relief as she nods frantically. Scott lets out a deep breath, leaning back on the block. "Thank god, I can see."

Olive steadied herself against the shelving unit, taking a deep breath as she rubbed her eyes, her vision returning slowly. She moved to stand on her own, stumbling until she felt arms wrap around her. She looked up to see Isaac and she smiled, relieved it was over. She wrapped him in a tight hug and he let out a breath he seemed to be holding since they entered the vault, resting his chin on her head. 

Scott got up and pulled open the door, revealing Stiles on the other side. He was covered in blood as he gripped Scott tightly, relieved everyone was okay. His eyes locked with Olive's, who returned his gaze with a grin and a reassuring nod. He let out a deep breath, returning her smile and starting for her before his eyes drifted to Malia. Malia, his girlfriend. He glanced between the two of them, seemingly trying to make a choice before Isaac returned to Olive's side with a bottle of water. Isaac, Olive's...whatever he was. Stiles shook his head, making his way over to Malia and kneeling down in front of her. 

"Hey, you alright?" He asks comfortingly, but Malia didn't look at him. Her eyes were trained on the ground before her, a small frown on her face. "Malia?"

He reached up to place his hand on her shoulder, but Malia's hand grasped his wrist. Now she turned to face him. Her eyes were filling with tears and she looked at him as if he'd hurt her in the worst way. He hated that look, he never wanted to see it again, ever. Stiles' face fell as she shoved his hand away slowly, rising to her feet and walking straight out of the vault, leaving only a piece of paper in her wake. Stiles picked it up and his heart immediately sank into his stomach.