Chapter 26 - Family Fortune

My dorm room exploded, and I was blown back out of the school, crashing into the courtyard trying to break my fall, stabbing my glaive into the ground. Sliding back, I bit my lip, furious. But, looking up, Winter was already darting towards me, drawing her sword to my face. 

Grunting I thrust my hand forward in an open palm stopping the attack dead in its track. Her weapon was halted inches from my hand by a dark shadow. Slowly charging, I pushed my hand forward, sending a rippling burst around. The ripple extended before launching Winter back, the ground breaking apart. Taking a step forward, I teleported ahead, cupping my hands together, smashing down, sending Winter into the fountain, destroying it. With Winter on the floor, I teleported behind, kicking her further away. "You have no idea what you've done, woman. I was so close to solving this before it had to become an issue!"

Winter held her waist, spitting a clot of blood. "I knew Professor Ozpin trusting you was a bad idea. You've been working against us the entire time. I won't hold back this time; I'll put you down."

Winter froze the ground, holding her sword up, and blocking her body. Then, swiping her hand across the blade, she called on serval nevermores to attack. Holding my hand up, making a gun from my fingers, I let out a sharp burst of energy, cutting down each summoned beast like clockwork.

Distracted for a brief moment, Winter used her semblance to call on a glyph; the same Weiss would use. Crouched down, she boasted forward at supersonic speed, catching me off guard. Holding my glaive up, she cut through me, turning on the spot and looking to strike me again.

I wasn't even given a moment to react as she came back again, slashing my legs and forcing me onto one knee. Breaking the ice spreading throughout my body, I waited for Winter to strike again. Clutching my hand out, an all-seeing eye rippled out, making eye contact with Winter. Cranking my arm around, I turned the shadows, moving them around, lining each one up. 

Winter returned to attack only to stop finding her shadow latching onto her and dragging her back. Startled, she tried fighting back, stabbing the darkness to no avail. Breaking from my prison, I began walking forward, each step bleeding the area around me in darkness. Approaching my target, Winter changed her tune, choosing to summon more beasts to attack me. Serval beowolves lunged all around me, looking to tear me apart. Not giving them the light of day, I ignored each one as they were immediately deleted by the shadows dancing around me.

Now towering over Winter, I crushed the eye bleeding from my hand, jerking forward, jabbing Winter in the stomach, shattering her armour. Gagging, she was blown into the air. Meeting her up there, I grabbed her by the shoulders, throwing her back to the ground.

Before she could land, however, I had already teleported in front of her, matter dripping from my fingertips, forming an orb. Holding my hand out, I readied a beam of darkness from the deep. Firing the large projectile, I tore through Winter destroying her defence as well as serval trees. She fell to her knees, somehow still alive and kicking. Teleporting again, I picked Winter up by her torn collar. "Credit, where credit is due. You're a much better punching bag than most who dare cross me. Still think I was holding back?"

Still holding the little pride she had, Winter growled, keeping eye contact. "I think it's you who made a mistake."

A sword was placed to my neck, causing me to sigh. "Saved by the bell, huh?" 

Dropping Winter, I turned around, hands up, seeing Qrow looking me down. "Long time no see, kid; mind explaining to me what all of this is about?"

Pushing Qrow's sword away, I smirked. "This crazed lunatic destroyed my home and attacked me while I was trying to stop one of the Stages of Grief."