Chapter 22 - The Fall of Bargaining

Yang crawled through the rubble, exhausted, having survived the brim of the explosion head-on. Still ready to fight, however, she climbed onto the top of the destroyed train overlooking the carnage looking for her team.

Seeing someone moving, she jumped down, running to help. "Ruby!"

Ruby woke startled. "What happened? Where is everyone?"

Yang turned to point ahead to Weiss, helping Blake, who was just as injured. Unable to hold back, Yang hugged her sister, almost tearing up. "Don't ever do something like that again, you hear me?"

Ruby giggled slightly. "I'll keep that in mind; wait, what about..." 

Pausing for a moment, Ruby looked down, conflicted. Then, building up the courage, she shook her head. "Is Y/N alright?"

Yang bit her lip, uncertain but also wanting to hide the fact she hadn't bothered to look. "I don't know... I mean, why would you be worried? He told you the truth, right?"

Ruby nodded, unsure how to feel. "He killed my mum... I can't quite believe it."

Blake stood aside, knowing it wasn't her place but regardless still spoke up. "While what Y/N did wasn't right, I don't think anyone expects you to forgive him just like that. He was under the control of the White Fang as their puppet. He most likely had no control over the matter following their every order as he was created to."

"I know," Ruby whispered, considering that. "But he killed my mum." 

On the verge of crying, Ruby shook her head, wiping her eyes. "I don't have time to think about that. The people need our help; Y/N is still a part of our team. He needs our help."

"He's a part of our team for now," Yang whispered, still keeping to her guns over the threat she made. "I'll follow your lead, Ruby."

****

They say if you were to walk past a clone of yourself, you wouldn't recognise them. That idea sounded stupid to me. Of course, I would identify myself; it's me. It turns out I was totally wrong. Staring at what was meant to be me and it felt like a fever dream. Nothing looked right, yet I could tell it was me.

Clenching my fist tightly, I continued to stare at Bargaining, taking the form of myself with malice. "What sort of sick joke is this? This can't be what you were planning... It's so, so."

"Not like me?" He questioned with a smug look. "Can't say you're wrong. I pride myself on being just better than most. This hurts me more than it hurts you."

Keeping my guard up, I glared at myself, already preparing a strike, but something just wouldn't budge. Of course, any other target would be different, but could I really kill myself? "So the real Wolfgang is dead then?"

"I am the real Wolfgang, or I suppose I should start going by Y/N, man, that will take some getting used to. So will this." He gloats, running his hands through his hair. "Boy, does it feel good not to have those wretched ears on display? It honestly is quite blissful."

"Do you honestly expect me just to let you take my life and go on being me?" I snap, raising my glaive, wincing slightly. I didn't like to admit it, but the battle with Bargaining and his clones had drained me. "You'll never be me."

Bargaining howled in anger, pointing to me. "Did you think I wanted to steep this low to admit the truth? I tried to find any other solution, no matter what. Do you remember back to that day when I came to you for help? I wanted to break free and escape, but you didn't. You were quite happy being a lab rat, and like the rat you are, you couldn't keep that fucking mouth shut. This wasn't about ridding of my filthily Faunus routes; no, this proved I was better than you!"