Chapter 6 - Friday Night Fever

Falling into my room, I yawned, throwing my bag onto the floor. The others were still out eating, leaving me with some rare alone time. Not that I was going to get any time soon. To nobody's surprise, the room was a mess with leftover bags of crisps, clothes, and other things left lying around.

I found my eye twitching, my janitor instincts kicking in. Before long, I just rotated into action, throwing my snacks to the side, kicking up my broom catching it. "Time to get to work."

Slipping my headphones on, I threw on some tunes, got into the zone, danced around the room, and swept the dust and filth to the side, dealing with it later. Hoping over the bed, I flicked each piece of clothing onto the respective bed with my broom making sure not to touch any by hand. Flipping over the bunk bed, I slid across the floor, opening each window, spinning my broom around, pushing the last bit of rubbish into the pile. 

Grabbing a plastic bag, I snapped it open, throwing all the rubbish away, ready to be recycled. Standing up, it wasn't much better, but at least it was presentable. Spinning on the spot, I struck a pose as the song got to the best part. Turning, I froze, seeing Ruby staring blankly, holding her scroll up recording the whole ordeal. My face dropped as I pulled her in with the broom slamming the door shut. 

"How much did you see?"

"The whole thing," Ruby said, smiling away showing me the recording. My heart kept sinking as she couldn't look happier. "This is so cool! I didn't know you could dance Y/N! I have to show this to the others."

"NO!" I scream, calming myself down. "Please no, I'd rather nobody, and I mean nobody, see this. Please?"

Sulking slightly, Ruby nodded. "Ok fine... If you insist."

"Thank you!" I say, holding my hands together. "Say, as payment you can umm... Play on my game console?"

Ruby's eyes lit up on Christmas morning as she began holding my hands over the moon like a child. "Oh my gosh, yes yes yes! Man, I would love to."

Slowly taking my hand back, I kneeled down, taking out the GameTerminal from my cardboard box. After setting it all up, I sat down, holding serval games. "So we have Roadbrawler 5 or Ultra Splinter Siblings Brawl."

Ruby looked on in awe, confused. "I ugh, which one is better?"

"No, which one do you want to play first?"

"No way..."

****

Serval hours had passed, and nobody had come back yet. I wasn't going to question it too much as I was far too occupied drinking the blood of my enemy. 

Ruby threw the controller down, screaming out furious. "How do you keep doing that?! Metapaladin is stupidly overpowered! Stop playing like him."

"As a wise man once said, my dear Ruby. Git Gud." I cackled, reaching to my side, finding my snack pile empty. "How long have we been going for?"

"I think two hours now; why?"

"Oh, no reason. I was just wondering where Yang and the others were?"

Ruby gave it some thought shrugging her shoulders. "From what I heard, Yang told me they all had important homework to catch up on and would be out for a few hours."

"Strange, I don't remember getting any homework... Say, have we ever got any homework?"

"Not that I'm aware of. Wait, did Yang set m-." Ruby paused, going red. "Never mind! Shall we keep playing!"

"Sure. If you're ready to get that ass kicked into tomorrow!" I laugh.

Ruby pouted, clenching her controller tightly. "Oh, I don't think so!"