Chapter 15 - Unknown Intentions

The obscured and hidden warehouses tucked away in the forest just outside Beacon exploded, flooded with dark energy piercing through.

The white fang was in full retreat, firing upon their attacker. Me.

Serval grunts held their ground, all firing their guns. Then, avoiding each gunshot, my glaive floated in front of me, cutting down each gunshot as I casually approached before taking each one down. Behind the door to the back of the warehouse was none other than Roman Torchwick himself. Finally, I can put this pointless wild goose chase to rest.

As I stood seconds away from victory, a blast of dust came flying from behind. Pivoting around, I held my hand out to a dark void opening. A dragon's head came out from the darkness, crunching down on the attack and devouring it. The last of the white fang fled, leaving just me and my prize. Darkness flooded around my hands as I tore the doors open one by one, throwing them aside.

Just as I entered his panic room, the girl from the bridge came rushing up, rolling forward and kicking me. Grabbing her foot, I threw her aside; however, she landed without injuries sitting on a cargo box with a smug look. Tightening my grip, I readied myself to take her down only to hear a voice shout.

"Whoa, whoa, easy there", Torchwick came out, holding his hands up. "I get you too have a grudge against your former place of work, but a bad review on yelp would have been much more sensible."

Glaring at him, Torchwick nodded, putting down his cane. "For a low-life crook, you aren't an easy man to track down Torchwick."

"That's kind of the idea, look. I don't know what I've done to piss you off, but we're bygones here. Can't we all just come to an agreement?"

"You dead beneath my boot. That's my offer."

"Tempting. But I'm going to have to decline, counter offer. How about you work for me? Of course, the pay would be very inclusive. You would make a great member of the team."

Crossing my arms, I raised my eyebrow, almost amused. "Is that meant to be a joke? Why the hell would I even think about joining the group that used me as a murderous tool? How many people did they make me kill? Just how many?!"

Torchwick looked surprised before smug once again. "So the rumours are true; you really don't remember. You don't remember anything, do you? I knew the white fang was brutal, but killing their own pet is just. Intriguing."

Picking up Torchwick, I pinned him against the wall, hissing. "No more games, Torchwick! You know nothing about me, you hear. Nothing! You have two options: leave Beacon, take your band of merry men, and never return. Or you die here."

"Ok! Ok, I understand the situation at hand!" He barks, lowering his voice. "You are a man of reason, Y/N."

Slowing putting him down, I stepped back, clicking my fingers and burning his stock of dust. "For once in your life, Torchwick being a slivery snake might save your life. If I ever see you again, you're a dead man."

Torchwick picked up his cane with a sour look, mumbling to himself, walking away. "Don't take this the wrong way while I'd love to take my men and go. But, unfortunately, I'm not exactly in charge here."

My eye began to twitch as I turned around, furious. "Excuse me? The audacity of this bitch! Who the hell are you working for?!"

"Trade secret, can't tell you, or they'll kill me."

"Enough of this..." I mutter, raising my hand. A drop of the void echoed into existence. Then, it began vibrating, growing in power. "No more talking your way out of this Roman Torchwick."

Looking startled, Torchwick stepped back as even the girl leaned forward, ready to get in my way. That was until the unexpected happened.

My attack was nullified and stopped. Bargaining teleported in front of me, holding his hand in front of me, tutting. "Now, now Denial, we can't have you kill Torchwick. Not yet anyway."