Chapter 9 - Bargaining Part 2

I was struck from my sleep dragged through the laboratory in chains. I wasn't given time to think or act as three guards kept pulling me along. I didn't retaliate, I didn't act, I didn't scream. 

Pulled around the corner, I saw Bargaining in his holding cell watching me, blowing a kiss. He waved goodbye as I was thrown up the stairs slamming through the door hitting the ground. Gritting my teeth, I tried standing as a voice echoed out.

"Hold." I stopped on my knees, head down. "Good, very good. I have splendid news for you, Denial. You finally have a purpose."

Being pushed aside, I slowly glanced up, seeing a red-haired man in a mask inspecting me. "And this is your most potent subject?"

"Why, yes, of course. Denial here is adept to any mission tailed to him. He's already had two masters before this who he served very well."

The man stood up, glaring at the voice. "And what happened to them?"

"Accidents, nothing Denial could have prevented. But he does go by another name if you need him to infiltrate places. So we named him Y/N L/N. So... What do you think, Adam?"

"He will be of good use to the White Fang. Therefore, we shall take him."

"Splendid, splendid. You will not regret this. But of course, you will need to take a few precautions for him to be obedient. First, he will need to lose the will to serve me; death is the only way for that." My eyes widened slightly as I tried moving, only for the voice to shout at me. "Hold!"

Lowering my head, I stayed still as my soon to be new Master walked around drawing his blade. I was given a moment to think, plea or even breathe as I was cut down. Then, falling to the ground, everything began to fade as my new Master was chosen.

Let the killing continue.

****

Stepping back, I held my broom up, growling. "I'm not going to let you get away with this."

"That's it! That's it! Deny your fate, deny your destiny, deny your death! Follow the cycle of death and rebirth with me forever and ever. Bargain for your life as your journey ends here Y/N L/N!"

Bargaining began floating in the air, a dozen cubes floating around him, each one glitching, popping in and out of reality. Holding his arms out, each cube turned into a different weapon, all with the intent of killing me. Holding one hand up, each weapon began flying towards me. Kicking my broom up, I blocked each attack as a dozen swords kept coming back around, constantly bombarding me with attacks. Flipping back, I smashed three more back, only for five more to strike.

Catching one of his blades, throwing it aside. Holding my hand out, I kept blocking oncoming attacks running along the cargo containers moving the fight away from Ruby and Blake. Bargaining soon vanished from sight, making me freeze. Expecting his counterattack, I spun on the spot kicking him back.

Sliding off the cargo containers, Bargaining continued floating, lowering his hand as a giant cube floated above me. Readying for his attack, I held my hands behind me. As I was prepping my own attack, I was thrown off hearing Blake shouting. "Y/N, look out!"

Turning on the spot, I flinched as serval knives were sent my way; the large cube was a decoy! Quickly smacking each blade away, I was smashed into the ground as Bargaining's cube had transformed into a ship crushing me all while exploding.

Slowly dragging myself out of the rubble, I held my arm the school uniform provided torn to shreds. Staring up at Bargaining, my wounds were healed as a dark shadow consumed me before vanishing. "So how long are we going to hold back for? I've been dying for a rematch; come on. Stop disappointing me!"