"We don't have space at my house," replied Dixie

"Me too," Jude agreed

"Stell?" I asked him

"My parents are strict too."

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Fuck. Whatever. Let's just keep on going." I finally stood up and went to the center. I heard them groaned. My brows furrowed. "What? Are you guys tired already?"

"Well, obviously," Dixie replied

"I'm not. How can you be tired? I'm literally singing and playing guitar at the same time. Come on," I scoffed

She rolled her eyes. "How about we switch positions?"

I held my mic and placed my hand on my hip. "Can you even sing?"

"I'm sure you guys can tell who's the better vocalist here," she said confidently and looked at everyone

They only shook their heads and sigh.

"That's why we have roles here. There's a vocalist, guitarist, drummer, and a keyboard. Let's not fight about this guys," Jude calmed the situation

"Yeah, and the heat makes us irritated too," Stell said and picked up his drum sticks. "Let's play one more and call it a day."

I looked at him. "We're not yet done. Let's play three more.

"But-"

They were too late to complain cause I already played the music again. This time, I turned up the volume. It got louder than our first performance which made me energized. A rush of adrenaline inside me kicked in. I flipped my hair on my back and held the mic, with my feet a few inches apart.

"Let's take this seriously now. One...two. One, two, three! Let 'em know that we're still rock 'n' roll-"

The beat dropped and the bad has come to life once again. I hyped them up so we can bring more energy. We're almost at the chorus, the most awaited part, but all of a sudden, we heard a banging on the door. I ignored it and continued to sing. The banging got louder. I heard Stell, called me from behind.

"I think someone's calling you Irene," Jude shouted

I was so immersed with music that I didn't even realized that the band stopped playing as well as the music. I shut my eyes tightly and sighed. I hate it when the music stops when it's almost at my favorite part.

"Irene-"

"I got it. I got it." With my mic still in my hands, I walked towards the door and opened it. I wasn't surprised anymore to see mom standing behind it. "Yes?"

She crossed her arms over her chest then looked at the band behind me. I immediately held the door, blocking her view.

"No entering mom."

"I just want to check if everything's-"

"Everything is alright."

She sighed. "You guys were too loud again. One of the neighbors complained."

The mention of that neighbor already made me sick in the stomach.

"And I came here just to inform you that your time is up for today. Lagpas na rin kayo sa oras na binigay ko."

My lips parted. "What? But we just started. Right guys?" I looked at them behind me and they didn't help me at all. I looked at the time on the clock and muttered a curse. She's right. We're overtime. "Can we extend please?"

She shook her head. "Pinagbigyan na kita noon."

"But mom-"

"An hour is already enough. You can play again next week."