fahad.

I kept glancing at her through the rear view mirror, wanting to make sure she is fine, she literally paled and stopped breathing,plus she flinched, the thought of when amir said she went through a lot crossed my mind, if her ex had anything to do with this, he should avoid me at all cost, i tighten my grip on the steering wheel, by the time we got to kano i haven't relaxed so i stopped to get us something and everyone should ease themselves Or whatever.
"No, i am fine, just panicked a bit" i paused, she was on call.
"I know he won't hurt me, when he said you all left i just worried and had a flashback thats all" she said.
"We stopped to get something and ease ourselves i guess" she said..
"I am fine, no i didn't pass out, i will die of embarrassment if i did" she mumbled, she pass out from panic?.
"How is abba?" She asked after her son i guess.
"Ok we should be moving any time soon" she said.
"Ok khairia,see you" she ended the call and i walked past her before turning.
"I got you water and something" i said, she offered a smile.
"Thanks" she took is from me and entered the car, i sigh and we got driving....
As i pulled over and the older woman and her daughter alighted, she willingly came to the passenger seat.
"I am sorry about earlier" she apologised.
"You don't need to be sorry" i replied and it was silent.
"What school did you attend?" I asked.
"BUK"  She replied.
"What course?" I asked.
"Economics" i nod.
"So you are good with calculations" i asked and she chuckled i heard her beautiful laugh up close and i want her to keep laughing.
"Not really" she mumbled.
"Humble" she laughed louder this time around.
"If you say so" she replied.
"What are you hobbies?" I asked.
"In doors" she said, i glanced at her.
"There must be something you love doing" i said.
"Use to love watching movies" she said and i nod.
"You don't mind if i call right?" It was quiet after my question.
"I don't" she whispered and a smile formed on my lips.
"You are really pretty" i commented and she chuckled.
"Thanks" she doesn't believe..
"Couldn't stop staring" i added and she Got fidgety And played with her fingers, she is so cute........
As i pulled over in front of their gate and didn't open the door, she glanced at me then the door.
"Uhm, can you?" She asked and i didn't reply, i turned to her and watch her closely, she went from shy to panic in seconds.
"Relax" i said, she turned to me, her eyes wide.
"Don't tell me to relax" she snapped.
"I will let you out if you promise me a date this weekend" i said, her wide eyes narrowed immediately and i hold back a laugh..
"Real smooth fahad" she said.
"I love how you call my name" she went back to trying to open the door.
"Open the door!" She screeched and i laughed.
"I didn't hear you promise anything" i said.
"Ok, fine, open the door" i shook my head no.
"Words, i strongly believe in words" i said and she groan.
"I promise you your stupid date can you open the door now?" She said.
"Stupid date?" I asked.
"Sorry, i don't like being locked up ok, open the door" i instantly regretted my actions and click the door open, she was out faster than i could imagine, i watched her in the mirror as she wiped her eyes, and fan her face, what happened to you? I asked internally,i let her compose herself before getting out oF the car, i walked to the trunk And pulled out all her things and shut it, i locked the car..
"Aren't you going in?" I asked.
"In a minute" her voice was hoarse And i frown.
"Are you ok?" I asked.
"I told you to let me out" she said like she was blaming me for it.
"I am sorry" i replied.
"You didn't know" she replied and i waited, she moved and walked behind me.
"Did this have to do with your ex?" She halted her steps and i stopped and turned to her.
"What did you know?" She asked sounding defensive.
"For the little time i have interacted with you, you must have been through something" she swallowed.
"I was born this way" she shrugged and walked past me, she was born that way? What way? Scared, with panic attacks well ok, but absolutely not scared, who is born scared? I got determined to find out.
I greeted mama and left for my place calling amir on the way.
"Hey, you home yet?" He asked.
"No, just driving to my place" i replied.
"Ok, thanks bro, i really appreciate" he said and i chuckled.
"Mention not, can i take up a bit of your time?" I asked pulling over to get dinner.
"Sure, what happened?" He asked.
"What happened to zahra?" I asked straight away.
"Why?" He questioned.
"When i told her everyone left, it was scary to watch her stop breathing, she moves away from me and even flinched, then she panicked because i wouldn't open the car door" i explained pointing at what i wanted from the menu.
"Oh" he said.
"Can you tell me, i don't need to make her panic all the time" i mumbled.
"Well, i can't tell you to not be careful with what you do to her or around her but then again she needs it to trust again, as long as you act normal and she realises you haven't hit her or stuff, she should learn to trust" i hmmm.
"So her ex hits her" i stated.
"May be its best if she tell you herself" he replied.
"Seriously, we are brothers and do you think she will open up to me?" I asked Him, he shouldn't be hiding stuff.
"we almost lost her to his beating, why we ended the marriage, we didn't know, she never talked about it, she was scared out of her wits, he did things to her that i can't still bring myself to tell you the details, she should be in the right place to explain things to you" i lost my appetite at this point, i dropped the money on the table and left, why would anyone want to show he is strong by hitting someone they claim to love?!

Votes please 🍒