Zahra

I felt a foot on my face abd then his giggle, the only reason i want to open my eyes everyday, he babbled on and i opened my mouth.
"How can someone so small change position in thier sleep?" I mumbled sitting up and grinning at my son Hamid that won't take his hands out of his mouth, i have tried so many times.
"Hey baby" i tickled his belly and he laughed.
"How did you switch position?" I picked him up and he kept on babbling.
"Let's get you ready, today is a big day, big daddy is getting married" i said walking to my box, we have travelled all the way to katsina for the wedding, i pulled out all our clothes laying them on the bed.
"Zahra, ya Allah, they have all gone....
"Salama madam, don't nag" i cautioned my cousin sister well sister Khairia, we are like twins.
"Shhs, salam, why are you not ready?" she said taking hamid from me.
"Hey cutie" she kissed his cheek.
"We just woke up" i mumbled, good thing i was on my period, would have missed fajir...
"Well, they are on their way coming here, have you seen ya amirs friends, they are to die for" she gushed.
"Aren't you engaged?" I asked and she pulled her tongue out at me.
"Duh, still can oggle till we finally tie the knot, besides i am looking for you sister," she said with attitude and i chuckled.
"Yeah, good luck with that" i turned around.
"Hey! I will not take this, i am making you up, dressing you in a sassy way and by Allah i will strangle you if you glue next to mama" she shut her eyes And i laughed.
"Go bath, give me hamids things, i will go get him ready, when i come back you should be sitting properly by the mirror for your make up, don't make me drag you" she warned as she took his things and i handed her his bathing bag.
"You won't" i laughed, she will surely drag me, she isn't very nice..
As promised i waited for her, she came back with my cute little bundle of joy all dressed and ready, he looks so cute masha Allah.
"Oya, sit still" and that Was what i did, sat still, she did all she wanted and didn't let me look in the mirror, i wore my skirt and blouse that have cuttings along the arm and the shoulder a bit tilted? It was all Khairias choice, she sat me down.and tied my scarf the ture ka ga tsiya style and i was sure it won't look good on me, i let her do her thing, i pushed most of my hair in and she slapped my hand, undo the scarf and tied it all over again, she was going to let my hair down but absolutely not, i still feel cautious of how i dress, considering how my ex had once tried to chop my hair off, i shuddered.
"Perfecto" she gave me a thumbs up.
"now look in the mirror and tell me you are not peng" i chuckled and stood up, i stared at myself in the mirror, i won't lie i look good, "yeah, you are ugly its all the make up" my inner self sassed and my face dropped, its all in my head..
"Hey" i looked at khairia in the mirror, she wrapped her arms around me.
"You are beautiful, so powerful and i promise you, today, you will catch everyone attention when you walked in, you don't know what i see when i look at you" my eyes watered she always says this things.
"Masha Allah, my girls" i turnes to mama.
"Turn around baby" i did laughing as she cheered me on.
"So perfect" she placed her hand on my back.
"Mama..." Hamid called, he have only called her name.
"Yes mijin na" her husband, i named him after my late uncle, she picked him up.
"Gaskiya this your bath up will attract ladies" she tickled him, khairia dressed and masha Allah, she is so breathtaking.
"Ta walid" mama called her walid's he is her husband to be, she did her thing and we all laughed.
"Zahra, amir said you should go give him the thing he gave you to keep for him" mama said and i went to my handbag and pulled out the 100k he gave me to keep and the Quran, its the sadaki.
"I will find you guys" i said rushing out, i looked for him.
"Ango is in the big living room with his friends" one of our cousins directed me, so i head there.
"Assalamu alaikum" i greeted, a collective reply and i suddenly felt nervous. I walked to him, a guy was sitting next to him typing away on his phone guessing his bestman judging from his outfit, he looked up then did a double take, i looked away from him.
"Where is abba?" He asked after Hamid.
"With mama" i replied, he took the things from me and handed it to the guy that i can still feel his gaze on me, lower your gaze malam, i thought..
"Bring him, we should be heading out now" i nod and went to look for mama, i came back with Hamid and ya amir took him, and they all left and i felt someone looking at me, i turned around and my eyes met his friend who is staring at me as ya amir was talking to him, i rolled my eyes making sure he saw and get my shock, he smiled a little and looked away, i turned and left, and for the love of God i couldn't keep him out of my head, ya Allah zahra are you sick? I thought to my self....
"Focus" i said to myself before going to join mama and khairia....
This story is going to be quick, like really Rushed, if rushed stories isn't your thing sorry....
Vote and comment