Chapter 9

3rd POV At Y/ns Room

"I'll do it."

"GYAYAAAAAHEHQKEQ! THANK YOU ILLUMI YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!" Y/ns says jumping on Illumi to hug him but end up knocking both of them on the bed. "Oops," Y/n says starting to laugh a little.

"It's ok," he says sitting up on the bed. "The thing is, the exam is in the a week. And in that week I want you up by 3 in the morning to train with me," Illumi says with his eyes closed.

"HUUH 3 In the morning?!" Y/n groans," that's too earily Illuu," if there's one thing Y/n likes is sleeping. Sure Killua did wake her up last night but hes an exception.

"Yes 3 am. I still have Killua and my other siblings to train remember," he says.

"Hm. Ok well, now that you are here, cant we train right now?" Y/n says hoping he would say yes.

"Sure, I dont see why not,"Illumi gets up and jumps onto the window seal," C'mon, I know a place," Illumi says jumping out.

Y/n sighs as she jumps out the window and sees Illumi running already. Y/n groans not wanting to run. 'For my siblings' she sighs one more time and follows Illumi, running.

Timeskip

When Illumi stops running, we are in a huge feild filled with tall, long weed.

"Ok Y/n. We are going to test your aura. I am going to hide in the feild and you are going to have to find me. Feeling my aura is the only way you are going to find me. Give me 1 minute, then come and find me if you can," Illumi says before dashing into the feild.

After a minute, Y/n released your Aura. Almost immediately, you found Illumis. You added some nen to your legs and started sprinting towards him.

'Wish I had this back at home' Y/n thought referring to her nen.

As she was running, she felt Illumi start running too. She started sprinting faster trying to keep up with him but he was like hella fast.

'Ok Y/n what to do what to do' Y/n thought hard and then, she got an idea..

"AHHHH HELP ME! ILLUMI! HELP!" Y/n screamed like she was hurt, and she was really good at acting by the way. Illumi fell for it. Worried about what was happening, he stopped in his tracks and ran the oppisite way of where he's suppose to be running. Once he spotted Y/n on the floor, he went towards her.

"Y/n! What happened? Why are you screaming for? You sound like your about to die," Illumi said half worried and half mad because of the pause in the game. Y/n just smiled.

"Found ya~" she says as she puts her hand on Illumis shoulder.

'Unbelievable. I fell for it' Illumi gives her a dead serious look. "Get back on the floor and give me 500 pushup," he said grabbing Y/ns hand, and pulling her to the ground where he still was. "Without nen," Illumi stands up and crosses his arms looking at her.

"WHAT! You can't do that to me.." Y/n pouted a little but didn't say anything and got in position. "Finee," I mean, it WAS her idea to start training right now. Illumi sat criss-cross in front of her with his hand out. Everytime Y/n pushed herself up, she gaves Illumi a high five.

Timeskip after push-ups

After the push-ups, they decided to just sit down at the end of the feild which gave them a view of the desert and sunset.

"Hey Illumi. Do you enjoy me being around you," Y/n asks as puts her hand on her knee and rest her head on her hand.

"I don't exactly hate it.." Illumi said staring at the sun not wanting to meet her eyes. Y/n smacked Illumis arm and started laughing.

"I will take that as a yes," Y/n smiled at the boy next to her. "You better enjoy it because soon ima be able to go home!" Y/n said, looking at the sun thinking about her siblings which she cares such about. Illumi frowed at that. He doesn't want her to leave. But, if it makes her happy then he can't hold her back..

Instead of saying any of that he leans on Y/ns shoulder. "Just, if you ever get the opportunity to come back, please do," Illumi sits back up to see Y/n stiff and flustered. Illumi found this really funny so he grabbed Y/ns cheeks and squeezed them. "You look like your sick,"Illumi then starts blowing air from him mouth to her face. That brings Y/n back to reality.

"NO IM GOOD!" She says, swatting his hands and looking back at the sun flustered. 'I bet this kind of stuff don't happen back home'

"We should head back."

They both stand up and go home. During the rest of the week they train Y/ns Nen and ability. She has 3 abilities she found out she had with the help of Illumi.

Nen abilities-

Pellucidity Ghost: Once she activates her nen, her body become transparent and nothing can touch her. This doesn't tire her at all so it alright using it for a long time.

Ghostly news: Y/n can contact Ghosts but, in order to do that, she needs to know what the person looks like or the full name of the person. She can contact them any time but she does have a time limit which is 5 minutes.

Ghost Seeker: If she uses Nen in her eyes, she can see Ghost roaming around. First time she tried this she freaked out seeing a little girl roaming around Illu (the cat) but she can't talk to them using this ability.

That's it

Anyways

"Whats your favorite ability," Y/n asks him back at their spot in the feild. This was the last day before they go to the exam. Illumi starts thinking.

"Hmm I would think it would be Ghostly news. Its a really fastinating ability. Being able to contact someone dead. I'm proud of you Y/n. For working hard this week. You are a really fast learner," Illumi says, leaning on his hands, giving Y/n a look that's makes her stomach flutter. The fact he said he was proud of her meant so much to her. She hasn't heard that in a longgg time.

"I know you told me not to do this but," Y/n leans towards him and wraps her arms around him. "Thank you. You dont know how much that meant to me," she says. Slowly, Illumi wraps his arms around her waist too.

"You deserve it."

Wahhvhdhaj I suck at writing romance but I tried for the like 2 readers I usually have 😄