35 | Pretty yet Dangerous

Morro was close to hurling her across Ninjago and Skylor was very aware of his intentions.

There was only so much patience that the elemental master of wind could give to her and Skylor figured she probably got him to his breaking point. She stared at the growing flames that slowly engulfed his tent.

Another day of training was another day for disaster after Skylor's attempt to control her powers ended up with another tent set on fire. It seemed that her fire had a thing for the fabric of Morro's tent and often chose to land there.

"You're doing this on purpose." Morro glared at her, snapping his wrist to send a gush of wind that instantly extinguished the flames.

Skylor took a few steps back to avoid his approaching figure. "I promise you, Sir. I am doing my best to keep it under control." She felt the fabric of a tent press against her back as Morro leaned in closer, leaving an inch of space between them.

Skylor gulped, the boy easily towered over her in the same way Kai would during training. He tilted his head, his glare burning holes through her head. "Go train with Kai for today, transfer." He spat with as much frustration as he could muster.

"But I'm supposed to—"

"You are supposed to follow my orders." Morro cut her off, his face leaning closer to make sure she would shut up. "You're training with Kai before I hurl you across Ninjago."

With that, he turned on his heel and nodded at the other trainees to continue with their tasks. Skylor didn't waste another second in getting out of his presence. Training with Kai meant being with her friends again, and Skylor would give anything to see them during the day.

She dusted her robes off the sand and tied her hair into a neat bun, her feet broke into a run as she made her way to the training grounds. Luckily, she wasn't too late. With her current failure happening early in the morning, Kai had just finished his instructions.

Skylor marched over with a salute to Lieutenant Lloyd, followed by another one to Kai who instantly understood why she was there.

"Grab a weapon, trainee, we're finding out what you're good at today." He said running a hand through his brown hair, his fingers working on the ends to spike it up just a little bit more.

Skylor didn't hesitate and immediately gathered with the rest of the trainees.

A long wooden table was set up in front of the crowd, the whole surface was covered in all kinds of weapons. From swords to shurikens, bows and arrows to naginatas, everything was within arms reach.

All Skylor had to do was figure out which one she wanted.

"These are mine." Princess Harumi proclaimed, both her hands had a strong grip on a pair of twin katanas. The hilt was covered in a lining of black and red leather, the blades glistened against the sunlight.

A wave of fear flushed through Skylor. They were handling real weapons now, it was only a matter of time before someone ended up in the infirmary from a sword cut or a blow to the chest.

Lloyd Garmadon approached the table, resting a hand on the edge where a pair of nunchucks were left untouched. "Are you sure you can handle that, Princess?"

With a swift move that Skylor couldn't comprehend with neither her eyes nor mind, the twin blades were crossed over his neck, the tip barely touching the skin but it was enough to leave the boy with wide eyes and flustered cheeks.

Princess Harumi smirked. "I think I got this, Lieutenant." She dropped her swords and sent him a wink.

Skylor rolled her eyes and moved along the table, trying to find her own weapon. "Ooh, pretty!" She heard someone exclaim though she could already tell who it was. Nya.