Chapter 31

#

#

Tyler thinks he understands, why his other persona had found it hard to concentrate (he had seen Misty in her bra and underwear for crying out loud!!!) And here he was, looking at Misty fully dressed, and if felt as though his brain was short circuiting. The day of the party had arrived, and now Misty was decked out in his creation, and Tyler finally understood. He understood Tyler 2.0 completely; a life altering, colossal, stupid mistake, had been made! 

"So?" Misty asked, as she gave a twirl, giving into the urge she had developed as soon as she had put on the dress. The dress, which was more than she could have ever dreamed of. Tyler did not respond, not that he had heard the question in the first place. With him being busy standing in the middle of the room, staring at Misty with his mouth hanging open, ever since she had walked out of his en suite bathroom.

The dress hugged her figure perfectly, the colour contrasting with her darker skin tone perfectly. The  different tones of red that made up the dress, intensified the whole design. It felt as though the colours were jumping off Misty's body. It was a delicate balance between hypnotising and making one want to throw up. As though they were looking down, out of a window on the 70th story. This feeling only amplified by the words 'red dress', and how they where placed haphazardly, and barely legible.

"If I am being honest, I wasn't expecting anything amazing when I saw the sketch. Obviously, you could tell, I was kind disappointed. Note to self, learn how to school your emotions better. Anyway, after seeing your Wifi sketch, and to compare it to the dress one, let's just say I was expecting more." Misty continued blabbering. To be honest she had thought the whole design looked tacky, but she would give credit where credit was due. Tyler had pulled it off.

A knock on the door, stopped her rambling. "Are you two done in there? We're about to begin."

"Coming!" Misty yelled out, as she made her way to the door. Seeing that Tyler was rooted to his spot, she grabbed his hand and led them  out.

"Hot damn!" Was the greeting she received from Dennis.

"I know isn't the dress amazing?" Misty gushed.

"Forget the dress, the way you wear it..." Dennis trailed off as words failed him, causing him to let out low whistle.

"You're funny, come on let's go party!" Misty yelled, brushing off Dennis' compliment completely

---

"Everyone's staring," Misty whined, as she surveyed their surroundings. It had been hours of dancing, drinking, munching and more dancing. Now she had been dragged into a game, seeing as the boys were down one team mate, and Misty had not seen Stacey since she texted her not to wait up. 

"Well nah duh, they have fully functioning eyes." Stanley said offhandedly, as he threw the ping pong ball in his possession.

"What?" Misty asked, baffled.

"You look hot!" Stanley shouted, fist pumping the air in celebration of the ball falling into the cup. Misty frowned, as she stood forward to take the next shot, which she landed easily.

"No matter the reason, it's annoying," Misty huffed. Flashing back, to when she had random people approaching her in a bid to get closer to Tyler. To this day, Misty never understood the how one could yearn to be popular. All she saw were flashing lights and warning signs all alerting her to one thing; loss of privacy.

"Come here," Tyler said, as he pulled Misty to stand in between his legs. Misty watched in astonishment, as most of the eyes fell off her.

"How did you know that will work?" Tyler quirked his eyebrow at Misty. "Oh, they think that you and I are..." Trailing off, Misty settled herself closer to Tyler. "Is that the only reason people come to parties?"

"Why do you have so many questions about parties?" Tyler wondered.

"I've never been to one," Misty answered honestly.

"Th-this is your first party!" Dennis exclaimed.

"In case you forgot, I am socially inept." 

"Have you at least enjoyed yourself?" Tyler asked.

"To be honest, I don't get what all the hype is about."

"Then why did you stay?"

"Because I look smashing in this dress," Misty said as though it were obvious before adding, "and to observe, obviously." Most of the time Misty felt as though she had picked the wrong major. With the amount of observing she did, Misty was a 100% sure she had enough material to graduate in Anthropology with honours, twice over.

#