Battles round 1

3rd Person POV:

Eri:(Speaker) Ladies and gentlemen! It's time for... Let's face it...

Eri:(Speaker) The combat challenges!

Eri:(Speaker) These wonderful students will fight their way, round through round, to get their place at number one!

Eri:(Speaker) However... Since this is a special event, there's a special thing we're going to do.

Eri:(Speaker) We'll start out with single battles. Then in the final twelve, we'll be doing team battles!

Eri:(Speaker) That's right! Team battles!

Eri:(Speaker) These future heroes not only are going to need to show off their solo skills but also their team skills.

Eri:(Speaker) If three of the same school make it to the twelve, they are automatically put on a team.

Eri:(Speaker) Otherwise, it's random. Now, let's see how these future heroes are feeling about this turn of events!

She walks up to a few students.

Eri:(Speaker) Tell us, how are you feeling about the upcoming battles?

Yagami:(Speaker) I'm looking forward to fighting the Americans... They seem really tough.

He glares at Yn.

Eri:(Speaker) What about you?

Nori:(Speaker) I'm not that big of a fan of this part of the tournament...

Nori:(Speaker) I just hope nobody forgets to keep it civil.

She glares at Yagami.

Eri:(Speaker) And you all?

The mic is put in front of Henry.

Henry:(Speaker) I... Uhm... Hope I can impress my hero.

Eri:(Speaker) And do you mind telling us who this hero is?

Henry:(Speaker)(scratches head)... Ugh... Isn't it obvious... Deku of course.

Eri:(Speaker) Hah... Looks like you're an inspiration across the world, Deku-san!

(Cheers)

Deku:(Embarrassed smile)

Eri:(Speaker) And what about you? Anything you want to say?

Yn grabs the mic, his skin almost shining from seems to perhaps be because of sweat.

Yn:(Speaker) I don't know when I have this chance again... So I'm going to push myself beyond my limit today!

Yn:(Speaker) So to my upcoming opponents... You better do the same if you want to win.

Yn:(Speaker) As you Japanese like to say... Plus Ultra.

He smirks at Yagami and Nori.

(Opening theme)

The first few fights were between students from other countries, but around the third match was time for the first of the American students to fight.

Jake was going to go up against a Daigo.