Chapter 16: The combination of two drama queens (1)

Back in the cave, Han Shengyao devoted herself to cultivating on the thousand-year old ice bed. But while she was meditating in her sea of divine consciousness, she would always recall the little beast that circled around her.

Will Shuang'er get used to it?

After all, it was her first time living in an unfamiliar environment

Han Shengyao's mind flashed back to the mean look Bai Wan gave Lin Qianshuang when she took her away. The more she thought about it, the more worried she became.

Bai Wan has a scheming mind. This time, she brought her disciple to a new residence, where she might try to put on airs and intimidate her. How else could her disciple survive if she fails to gain a foothold in the Demon Emperor's harem?

She felt increasingly upset as she thought about it. The state of confusion brought on by thinking about all sorts of messy ideas caused her breath to become erratic.

Knowing that her current state was not suitable for cultivation, Han Shengyao simply stepped down from the bed and pushed open the door of the cave.

A flood of translucent moonlight from above illuminated a vast expanse of white mountains. The cold wind made her calmer and more conscious.

Snowflakes whirled heavily in the sky on the mountain tops like a myriad of feathers, gradually burying the traces of battle between her and her disciple with the thickening frost and snow.

————Master, I'm leaving.

When her disciple turned and left, the desolate look on her face emerged in her heart.

Han Shengyao finally couldn't resist the thought of visiting Lin Qianshuang and vanished into the falling snow.

Tianyi Hall.

Lin Qianshuang was led by Right Protector Su Qing to the entrance of the side hall she was assigned to.

Instead of entering the magnificent hall, she went to look at the thousands of frost trees transported to the periphery by the Demon Emperor.

Under the night breeze, the ancient trees towering the sky set off a circle of silver waves. The frosty white trunks emitted a faint white light, and the lilac-colored pure demonic energy lingered among the lush branches and leaves.

Lin Qianshuang closed her eyes as she sensed the influx of demonic energy gathered around her. When she opened her eyes once again, her face had a touch of joy.

The demonic energy was so pure that just by inhaling a mouthful, the operation of her magic core in her dantian(1) accelerated a ton. Compared to her previously slow progress, her current cultivation speed was also several times faster.

Coincidentally, she had yet to practice in detail the sword technique Du Shuang had given her, and now was a good time to do so.

Lin Qianshuang's eyes flickered slightly. She broke off a random lowered branch from one of the frost trees and walked to an open space.

One by one, sword-wielding figures appeared in her sea of divine consciousness. She held up the branch and began to imitate each sword gesture.

Compared to the battle at Jiuyang Peak, her sword technique was much more fluent and her originally disordered pace was lighter as she slowly improved due to her gradual comprehension of sword intent.

The frost white leaves fluttered chaotically around the woman in white sword dancing with the branch among the trees. Her steps were sharp and she fluidly changed her posture as if she was wielding a sword. The tree branch in her hands gradually corroded under the eruption of demonic energy, which she subconsciously condensed into a dark purple sword.