𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖝

Start from the beginning

   I was now sat alone, sipping on the tea Hermione made for me while the two boys were out to look for food once again.

  I scribbled through the empty pages of Hermione's notebook. It was my habit to doodle whenever I was bored and I didn't have my phone.

  I began to doodle random shapes, which became letters, which became names, which became faces.

  A small smile made its way to my face when I accidentally drew a spider, a dagger, and a spear out of my mind. Next, I began to draw a simple face of a man with a goatee, resembling the man who became a better father in a span of months than my biological father who I've been with for 10 years.

  All of a sudden, I began to hear my dad's familiar loud voice yelling at me for something I did as a kid.. mad at me for leaving my surfboard lying around because I was too tired to clean after my things, mad at me for letting my friends come uninvited when he did the same thing, mad at me for getting an expensive present from my mom because I did great in school. I was merely a kid and that was all I've got. My mom is literally the only happy memory I've got.

  I frowned at the thought, shrugging the memory off while I took a sip of the tea. My heart grew heavy, hinting that I was about to freak out, so I thought of the song Mom used to sing to me whenever I thought of the past.

  "It's nine o'clock on a Saturday, the regular crowd shuffles in.." I muttered shakingly under my breath, inhaling deeply as I sang at the same time I controlled my breathing.

  The memories were starting to fade, just like how it happened every time. The voices that used to echo were fading from my ears.

  "There's an old man sittin' next to me, makin' love to his tonic and gin.." I continued, mentally patting myself on the shoulder when I felt myself calm down.

  The memories were just bright light now.

  "He says, Son can you play me a memory? I'm not really sure how it goes.." I continued, my eyes closed. My feet began to tap on the floor of the tent in rhythm with the song while I lightly swayed my body, hearing the instrumental of the song.

  "But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes.." I sang, finally breathing out as I felt my composure become normal again. My feet stopped tapping and my tense body was gone.

  I was slightly happy with myself that I was able to do it by myself now and the fact that I was able to calm down before the chorus. Years ago it took half of the song for me to calm down.

  I closed the notebook, feeling myself become a bit drowsy. Fully knowing that I've been lacking sleep, I decided to sleep for a few hours. I'm going to tell Hermione to keep watch for now since I've been keeping watch for three days now.

  I slowly stood up, pushing the empty cup of tea further on the table so it wouldn't fall and shatter. I grabbed Hermione's dainty notebook with my hands, preparing to give it back to Hermione.

  However, as soon as I stood up, I felt a jolt in my front upper body. I felt in front if I bumped into Harry who might be wearing the Invisibility Cloak, but I only felt air.

  I just shrugged it off, wearing my slippers as I walked halfway out of the tent. I could smell of the soil of the trees outside which made my stomach churn.

  I took another step, but it only made the feeling in my stomach worsen. I furrowed my eyebrows at the feeling, placing a hand on my stomach.

  It was on my stomach, it couldn't have been my period because it just finished. I gently raised the hem of my sweater as I began to massage it.