ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ɴɪɴᴇ

𝗧he atmosphere in this club was exactly what he needed and the last thing he wanted at the same time

Jase sat in a semi – circle booth with his head tilted back, leaning against the stained wall behind him. His eyes were opened and he tipsily stared at the circling of lights and filtering of smoke in front of him. This club smelled like fruits and alcohol, a normally unpleasant smell, but seemed like the best thing ever because he was slightly intoxicated.

The corners of his lips upturned in glee as he watched the lights turn from hot pink, to green apple, to blue raspberry within the span of two seconds. They were basically strobing, but he was completely into it – infatuated with it. Honestly, everything was as long as what he chose to focus on had nothing to do with the object of his desires. Anything that deterred him from thinking about her.

"Alright, sunshine," a hand slapped his upper arm, "It's time for shots."

Jase lifted his head back and looked at where he was sitting. To his right was Caycee – her long brown and green wavy hair was slightly matted to her forehead with sweat, as they'd just spent the last minutes dancing on the floor. She was wearing a leather top with no straps, but hooked around her waist in all the right ways. A short – and he meant short – matching leather skirt wrapped around her thick thighs, making her the prettiest little thing in this room tonight.

Next to her was none other than his best friend, Maverick. He was dressed in an open, white, button up shirt – it showed off his slim, thin abdomen. While he had no definition in terms of abs, anyone with eyes could see the obvious leanness of it. He wore tan pants with a white belt; he looked more handsome than normal. His hair was done in waves – courtesy of himself.

"Shots?" he asked, "Didn't we just take those?"

"Yes, but you didn't do it the fun way," she complained.

"Is there any difference?"

"So much, buddy," Maverick laughed, shaking his head in disbelief.

Jase slouched further in his seat, "I think I'll pass."

Caycee didn't seem to like that answer. That was probably because his eyes, now that his head was angled down, had not left the sight in front of him. With good reason of course. The last thing he should be doing was watching the single girl who'd just rejected him with stars in his eyes, but he seriously couldn't help it.

There was just no outdoing Francesca Dupont.

Too bad she was more or less uninterested in him. She was across the room, heavily embedded in the arms of a redheaded woman; her head occasionally tipped back in a shared laughter, which only made his fingers twitch and his jaw lock. He had no rights over her, but he couldn't help the jealousy that leaked like poison in his veins at the sight of another person enjoying her.