ꜱɪxᴛʏ - ꜰɪᴠᴇ

𝗜t was nearly impossible to see through the cloud of smoke that surrounded the second floor

𝗜t was nearly impossible to see through the cloud of smoke that surrounded the second floor. The third floor was in shambles – it couldn't even be considered a floor anymore. The men who were attacking them had blown up the entire top roof of the place; all of the debris crashed into the remainder of the third floor's structure and down the middle of the building, to the first floor.

Isaac's hands were pressed to his ears; the flash grenades they used not only blinded them, but also let off a loud blast. His ears were ringing, and everything around him sounded muffled. He hardly noticed that someone was talking through the earpiece to him.

"Zak!"

"Isaac!"

"Why isn't he checking in!?"

The words of his teammates slowly entered his eardrums, snapping him back into the zone. He waved his hand in front of his face, trying to rid of as much smoke as he could to get a better view of where he was. Before him were three generator boxes; in between them were gaps. Each generator was pressed up to the railing that lined the edge of the second floor – he quickly ran and ducked behind the one closest to him.

He pressed his wire, "I'm fine," he reported, "My ears were ringing and I couldn't hear."

But there was no response this time.

What the hell?

He tapped his wire again and switched to his individual line to Maverick, "Hey, where is everyone? They're not answering me."

His voice came in glitchy, "I don't know. I lost connection to Rueben and Blaine. The heat sensor is going crazy now with new warm bodies. I can't tell who is who now. I'm trying to access the old camera system inside the building, but since the roof was blown, the communication system must have gone with it."

Fuck!

"Where are the most people?"

Isaac waited for a minute, just to see if he was trying to find out the answer to his question before responding, but when the line remained dead after another moment, he cursed. Something told him that Rueben's line going dead was just the beginning.

They definitely brought some type of frequency blocker with them.

He ripped the wire out of his ear and cursed again, pulling his gun out from the back of his pants. He slowly reached the edge of the generator. He let out a breath and turned around, pointing his gun in case enemies were waiting on him, but there was no one.

Where the hell is everyone?

Mason called out ambush only a couple of minutes ago?!

Isaac rose to his feet and darted past the generators. If no one was going to answer, then he would have to go searching for them. He ran down the long, narrow hallways of the building, keeping his gun aimed in front of him, should anyone try to catch him off guard.