ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ - ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

𝗘nzo bit on the pad of his thumb as he watched Rayne and her bodyguard interact from across the room

𝗘nzo bit on the pad of his thumb as he watched Rayne and her bodyguard interact from across the room. It was late now – almost midnight, but she had spent the whole day with him. Whether that was because of Ruby's presence, her bodyguard's, or his, he was grateful, nevertheless. Spending time with his sister – even if she didn't know they were related – was about as enjoyable as spending time with his brother – another thing she didn't know about.

Rayne was sitting on the couch, Ruby next to her – both of them cocooned in a black blanket. Ruby was in her lap, curled into a ball, but still wide awake. He disliked that they were breaking her sleeping schedule, but he let it slide just this once. They deserved to have time to bond.

Kaiser was sitting in a kitchen chair near the doorway of the living room. While Enzo had another comfortable chair, much like the one he was sitting in, near the couch, Kaiser said he preferred to watch from a distance and not interrupt their interaction. In fact, he said it would be better if they just pretended like he didn't exist.

That was working.

Right up until Rayne reached his liquor cabinet.

He didn't let her drink alone though; he had his fair share. His half – drank bourbon was wetting his hand currently through the glass. It was his fourth, and he was starting to feel the buzz. Unfortunately, unlike his sister, he had a little person to take care of once she left, so while she was pretty drunk, he was halting himself from reaching that level.

Though, it was very interesting to see how relaxed she grew with a bit of liquid courage running through her veins. Her normal walls were so low to the ground, that he found himself wondering if this was how she would have been if their childhood hadn't been so damaging.

Easy – going. Carefree. Trusting.

"Tell me your first name," Rayne demanded as he tuned back into the conversation.

"There is no reason for you to have that information," Kaiser was saying.

"Yes, there is," she nodded and pointed her finger, "—to know it."

Enzo shook his head and rolled his eyes at her drunken stupidity. While she was probably one of the smarter individuals he's met, when she's drinking, almost all of that goes away.

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Why not?"

Kaiser folded his hands into each other, "Informalities make me uncomfortable."

Rayne blew a raspberry, "We're back to this again? How lame."

"We never left it."

"That's fu—" she paused, looked down, and placed her hands over Ruby's ears, "—cking bullshit."