ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ - ᴏɴᴇ

𝗞aedyn crossed his arms nonchalantly after he closed the door to his room

𝗞aedyn crossed his arms nonchalantly after he closed the door to his room. He smiled – a smile that touched his eyes, which would be surprising in any other context except this one. A man who had guns stashed away in his room would not be a man that is easily frightened in the face of one.

Bold.

But also stupid.

Caycee tightened her grip on the gun, steadying it as she kept it pointed at him. She had already gotten dressed and her bag was packed full of the most expensive shit in his room that she would find, but he just had to come back from downstairs early. She knew that playing the timid – 'I'm so nervous' act in the kitchen was the wrong fucking play. She should've kept up the confident act she had last night; that definitely wouldn't have made him return early.

When the door opened, she had her hands down his drawers and so, she panicked. Picking up the gun wasn't her brightest idea, but the fact that he had them here, and so many at that, proved that it could be a good decision. If that didn't tell her what type of person he was, what would?

"I'd put that down if I were you," Kaedyn toyed.

Caycee narrowed her eyes and shifted her finger toward the trigger. If he thought that she was afraid of pulling the trigger – of murder, well, he was wrong. She had seen so much death in her short life span, it made her numb to it all. She'd never killed before, but there was a first time for everything.

Plus, she hated the way he said that. Like he was warning her of the kickback, or the danger of holding a firearm. Like she was fucking stupid.

"No," she answered.

"The longer you point that at me, the more you're making me upset."

"Boo. Fucking. Hoo," she spat.

Kaedyn snorted, "Adorable."

"Let me leave."

"So soon?" he grinned wider and took a step in her direction, "We've barely gotten acquainted with each other, darlin'. Are you sure I can't convince you to stay longer?"

Caycee's finger looped around the trigger, "Don't take another step."

"Don't do anything stupid," he returned, taking another fucking step.

So, she did what she insinuated she would.

She pulled the trigger.

Unfortunately for her, the gun did not go off. It just clicked. So she pulled it again. And again.

Click, click, click.

"Fuck," she whispered.

"Indeed," Kaedyn laughed.

He lunged at her at that moment, grabbing the gun from her with one hand, disarming her, while wrapping his arm around her waist. In one fluid motion, he spun her around, grabbed her neck, and pulled her arm back into an uncle position before slamming her down onto the bed.