ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

𝗧his ball was the most boring thing he'd ever attended

Hundreds of rich morons, bunched together in one room, joined by crappy music and drinks that have lost their fuzz? Yeah. Fucking snooze fest.

Maverick, playing the part, however, was dancing with a woman in the middle of the floor. She had flaming red hair – the type that makes you stop and stare. It matched well with her blood orange dress and tall nude heels, which was why he asked her to dance with him, to begin with.

But Oh. My. God.

This lady was more boring than the damn event.

His eyes grew to the size of slits as he spun her, bringing her back to his chest. He was absentmindedly nodding his head and agreeing to whatever lame crap was coming from behind her lips. Realistically, what she was talking about wasn't out of the ordinary in terms of where they were, but it told him that she had no life other than this. That there was nothing interesting that she may want to divulge herself in, otherwise; it sucked. He chose wrong.

His ears perked up, picking up on that annoying fucking accent before his eyes spotted them.

Finally, something entertaining.

He was surprised that Kai was even dancing right now, considering all the dude knows how to do is complain – especially about that. Mason seemed to be happy though; he was being twirled around.

Even if he hated the smurf – he would be lying if he didn't admit that they cleaned up nicely.

Mason was dressed in a dark blue tux; the folds in his jacket were a lighter shade than the whole jacket, but it made the color of his eyes pop out. His pants matched the darker parts of his outfit, and he wore a black button up underneath. A blue bow tie was around his neck; it matched the color of the cufflinks around his wrist. Kai – being the boring fucker he was, was just dressed in a black tux.

For the first time since the evening began, a smile crept onto his lips as an idea formed in his mind. The theme of the event was to constantly switch partners. Of course, asking was a big part of it, but somehow he knew that he wouldn't be rejected. The guy he wanted to dance with was way too nice to do that – even more so because they were surrounded by so many people. Even if he was reluctant, he wouldn't embarrass him like that.

Maverick grabbed the waist of the lame woman and spun them all the way over to where Mason and Kai were dancing. Obviously, he did it without suspicion on anyone's part. That would be stupid. He was already acting like a desperate fool in general – on purpose, though – so acting as if this interaction was purely an accident was the path he wanted to take.

Besides – there was something he wanted to talk to Mason about anyway.

Something that's been resting in his head for the last few weeks.