Chapter 28

Ian's POV:

"Sierra, I mean it! Give me back my-" I stopped short. I had smelled something...Something wonderful. It smelled like gingerbread. I looked towards the smell and saw the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen in my life. Her hair the color of gingerbread, her eyes, a wonderful shade of hazel. On her left cheek, I noticed a birthmark. It was shaped like a heart. I went towards her, not hearing my sister's words as she tried to get my attention. 

 "Mine." I whispered, taking my mate into my arms. She stared into my eyes and I was at a loss for words. 

 "Brother!~ I still have your-" Sierra pulled me out of my trance. 

 "Hang on, little one. I need to get my fl-I mean, musical instrument," I placed a kiss on my mate's forehead. She stared at me dreamily. I smiled at her before running after my sister.

Hannah's POV:

"Lynn! You found your mate!" I exclaimed excitedly. 

 "I know! Oh my word I'm so excited!" she squealed. 

 I was really excited for her. When she found out that I had met Liam, I think she was a little jealous.

 "You think he likes me?" she asked suddenly.

  I rolled my eyes. "Lynn, I don't think he likes you. And I don't think he loves you." 

 Her face fell. She looked like she was gonna cry. 

 "Lynn, I know he loves you!" I hugged her tight. "I am so happy for you!" 

 Lynn laughed. "Thank you, Hannah. Now, um..who was that girl he's chasing...?" 

 It was my turn to laugh. "Don't worry, girl! That's his twin sister, Sierra. They fight all the time, so he's gonna need you to calm him down a lot." 

 She smiled and nodded. 

 Finally, Ian and Sierra got back. Ian held a rectangular case in his hand. Probably his musical instrument. He never told anyone what instrument he plays. Only his parents and siblings know. All the rest of us know, is that he's very good at it. 

 Ian linked his arm with Lynn and smiled. "How about we get to know one another?" he suggested. 

 "I'd like that.." she replied shyly. She waved at me as she walked away. 

 "See you later, Lynn!" I called after her. I then turned to Sierra. "What was that about?" I asked her. 

 She looked at me sheepishly. "I was just picking on him! I took his flute and ran off with it and of course he chased me when he saw me with it." She then gasped and clapped a hand over her mouth. 

 "Did you say, flute??" I asked, stunned. 

 "Don't tell him I told you! I'll be dead meat!" 

 "Calm down, Sierra. I won't tell anyone. But why does he want it kept a secret?" 

 "He thinks people will make fun of him because he plays a girly instrument. Ian is....sensitive. He's not girly, just because he plays the flute. He just....really likes the flute. He's real good at it too!" she answered. 

 "You don't have to explain to me, Sierra. I think it's cool he plays the flute." I replied. 

 She smiled. "Well, I'm going for a walk. How about you?" 

 "I'm going to visit with Liam." I said. 

 "Ok, have fun!" she called as she headed down the walk. 

 I smiled and walked inside. "Hey Liam!" I called. 

 "Hannah! Hi!" he smiled at me. He was sitting in a chair near the stairs. "How have you been, Hannah? It's been a few days." Liam asked me. 

 "I'm doing well, Liam. How about you?" 

 "I've been good. I'm even better now that your here." we laughed.

Sierra's POV:

I am excited for my brother. Maybe a little jealous too. I have looked all over this pack, and haven't found him yet! 

 Just then, my dad, Uncle Ethan, Uncle Chase, and Uncle Hayden ran passed me. Just out of curiosity, I followed them, but stayed a safe distance away. When they stopped, it looked like there were rogues surrounding a...fox? Now, I am actually a human, but I have wolf blood in me. So, when I saw that fox, it hit me just like when Ian slaps me. That handsome, adorable fox...is my mate! My poor mate was surrounded and he looked terrified. 

 "Come on, dad! Come on, uncles! Get those rogues!" I exclaimed aloud. I could tell they heard me. I was gonna get a lecture after this...But the fox looked up at me. He knew I was his mate! I could tell from the way he just stared. My father and uncles kept their attention on the rogues. I was scared. I finally couldn't take anymore. 

 "Jordan? Are you near the woods?" I mind-linked my brother. 

 "Both Aviana and I are near there, why?" he asked.

  "Because I found my mate and he's surrounded by rogues! Our dad and uncles are fighting them, but I'm scared! Please come and set the rogues ablaze or something!" 

 "I'm on my way, sis. Don't worry. And so nothing happens to your new mate or our father and uncles, Aviana will put a protective shield around them. It's fire-proof." "

 Fine. Just hurry!" I was a little impatient. 

 The rogues were strong. And more were on their way. I could plainly see them running towards their buddies. I was about to scream through the mind-link for Jordan, when I suddenly saw a force field go up around my mate, father, and uncles. The rogues were fiercely attacking it, but nothing happened. Everyone in there was confused, but I just smiled. 

 At that moment, I saw a large dragon flying towards us. He roared loudly before blasting the rogues with fire. "Way to go, lil brother!" I shouted excitedly. Most of the rogues were dead, but some were still alive. They couldn't run away though, because I'm assuming Aviana stopped them from doing so. That girl is one amazing fairy. She removed the force field and my dad and uncles approached me. 

 "What are you doing here? Did you send Jordan and Aviana to our aid?" Uncle Ethan asked firmly. I gulped and nodded nervously. 

 "Yes, Uncle Ethan....I was here because...I was curious...Then, as I got closer, I saw the fox and recognized him as my mate. I apologize.." 

 "It's alright, Sierra. Because of your wise actions and quick thinking, we have won the fight. If it weren't for you and your quick thinking, your uncles, your mate, and I may not be alive right now." my dad said with a proud smile.

  I smiled and thanked him. Then, my mate and I slowly made our way towards each other.