Chapter 23

Jake's POV:

I know my dad and mom will have my head when I get back, but I didn't care. I was only focused on saving Liam and bringing him home safely. 

 Suddenly, I stopped short. I could see Liam. He was tied to a tree. His mouth was covered and, not that this made any difference, he was blindfolded. Apparently, his kidnapper had no clue he was blind. 

 "Ah, hello, Jake. Nice you to see could join us." a voice said from behind me. 

 I spun around quickly. Alpha Marcus stood there with an evil smile on his face. "What do you want from my brother and I? Let us go!" I exclaimed angrily. 

 "Never. I need you for my revenge against your family." he answered slyly.

  "What do you mean? What revenge?? What did our family ever do to you??" I asked.

  "Years ago, before you and your brother were born, I, my father, and sister were at war with an evil pack. It's Alpha was called, Oliver. It's future Alpha, your father. Your father took my sister and brainwashed her into thinking we were the evil ones! She abandoned us and left us for that wicked pack! And because she abandoned and betrayed us, we lost! Now, I shall get my revenge and destroy your wicked pack from the face of the earth!"

  I stood there, stunned. Speechless. From the way Liam has stopped struggling, he was shocked too. What exactly did he mean..? At that moment, I heard my father and his men come up from behind me. 

 "I never took or brainwashed anyone." my father's voice was cold and serious. He was using his Alpha tone. That was pretty intimidating. 

 "Yes. You. Did! June and I were so close. Then you made her betray us! You evil being." Alpha Marcus spit on the ground. He did it in disrespect. I...know that well..I am ashamed to say that I did it to my own father, brother, and mother..But it was before I changed! Wait......June?!?! 

 "Mom?!" I exclaimed out loud. 

 "So, this pathetic excuse for a wolf forced himself on my sister. Oh your going down, mutt!" 

 "I didn't force myself on her! She left willingly. I never did anything to her but love her. June is my mate." dad said firmly, still using his Alpha tone. 

 I snuck closer to Liam and just held on to him. I could tell by the way he jumped he was startled. "It's me brother...I guess I'm a little.....nervous.." I whispered to him. 

 "It's ok, little bro. I'm here for you. Even though I'm a little tied up at the moment. Quite literally." he laughed through mind-link.

  I smiled. This is my brother? I am so lucky to have Liam for my older bro. 

 "Thanks, Liam." I said quietly in mind-link. 

 "Any time, squirt." I could feel myself tearing up. He hadn't called me that since....the day he went blind when he was ten...it was his little nickname for me..My heart had already been broken..and I'm not sure if it'll ever heal. But..my brother, who sacrificed his sight for me, who I put down and who I made feel worthless every single day, and is..happy, just called me by my childhood nickname..

 "Firgus, I am doing everything I can to protect him. I should have done this years ago." I told my lynx. 

 "Jake, I agree..but two things. First, please try and stay alive. I want to live with our mate for like, a lot of years, mark her, and have some pups! Second...We aren't as strong as we were..." 

 "What do you mean?" I asked him. 

 "When you were in a coma, it took practically everything I had to keep you from dying. I still had hope..Though you never listened when I tried to stop you and give you some hope. My energy..has decreased badly..I don't even know if it's possible to get it back. We could remain weak for the rest of our lives!" he explained. 

 "What..??" I said quietly. And guess what just had to add to the pressure. My mate, Hannah, and my cousin, Xandra were walking up. Well, they were being forced to. Alpha Marcus' rogues were half-dragging half-pushing them along. 

 "What are you girls doing here?!" Uncle Mason exclaimed. 

 "Ask your niece." Diana grumbled. 

 "So, looks like we have company, eh? This will be more fun than I thought it would be." 'Alpha' Marcus said with an evil laugh. My blood ran cold. He was going to kill my mate?! So, not only do I have to somehow protect my brother, but protect my mate, her sibling, and Xandra?! I noticed Liam had tensed. He probably sensed Hannah was there. He wasn't happy either. But what can we do? He's blind and still learning to fight, and I am very weak!