Chapter 17

Liam's POV:

Today I got out of the hospital. It was amazing to see what it looked like after being blind for so long. When we got outside, I gasped. The colors..The sky..The grass, bushes, and trees..They were just the way I remembered them. But they were so much more wonderful now. I smiled and held Hannah. She smiled back at me. She knew I happy. "Before we go back to the pack house, do you think we could roam around a bit?" I asked. 

 "Alright, Liam. But just for a bit." she told me. 

 We walked around the pack. It was so big! She showed me where we first met and the little pond where we got to know each other a bit. It was so wonderful..Never once in my eight years of blindness, did I ever think I would someday get my sight back. I was overjoyed. I think I had tears in my eyes. 

 Finally, we went back to the pack house. I looked around as Hannah was leading me up the stairs. Nothing had really changed much. My room had changed. I remember having a bunch of super hero posters on the walls. Spider Man, Batman, Super Man, ect. I even had a Spider Man blanket. I wonder if mom kept all those things. Now, my bedspread was a dark blue. Kinda like the walls. I sat down on the bed and let my eyes wander around the room. 

 "What would you like to do now that your home?" Hannah asked. 

 "Do you want to read a book together?" She nodded and smiled. I had a little trouble with reading, but I managed to get it. I mean, I went blind when I was ten. I had only been reading since I was seven. So, I knew a little bit but I wasn't perfect at it. So, it makes sense to me how I had trouble. I had trouble with my braille..Probably because I never really put any effort into it learning it.

  After we were done reading, I had an idea. "Hannah, I'd like to write a letter. To my old blind school."

  She nodded and got me some paper and a pen. If I needed help spelling something, she was there to guide me and help me. I thanked the school for helping me and apologized for being difficult. Then, I took some money from my old savings jar and put it in the envelope. My mom and dad gave me some money just in case. "There. Now all we have to do is find the address." I stated. 

 "We can ask your mom when she gets back," Hannah suggested. 

 I nodded. 

 "Well, I'll go down and make some lunch. You stay here and rest. The doctor didn't want you to overdo it." 

 "Ok, Hannah." I replied. I laid down and gazed at the ceiling. I couldn't help but smile. I could finally see!

*Time skip-five months later*

Aviana's POV:

I ran around playing freeze tag with Jordan, Siarra, Ian, Janie, Bryce, and Mia. I had a lot of fun! You might wonder why some one my age would even want to play tag. Well, I never really got to play when I was with my father. He always had me doing chores and taking care of his prisoners. I didn't have much time for myself. I did find an old doll once. I hid it from my father when he was around, so he wouldn't take it away from me. I sometimes needed a friend...some one to love..Some one to hold..She was my friend..The only friend I ever had..But, father found her. Her broke her and threw her away. I cried. My dad beat me. When we went to the mall to get clothes, I found a doll that looked like my old one. Jordan bought her for me and I named her after my old one. Juliana Grace.

Later, as we sat outside, having some iced tea, my back felt really itchy all of a sudden. 

 "Buttercup? You ok?" Jordan asked. 

 "I don't know. My back feels weird.." I responded. Withing a minute or two, my back went back to normal. Or, almost normal. It felt weird..Like something light was on my back. I looked at Mirah, Jordan, Ian, Mia, Bryce, Siarra, and Janie. They had a confused look on their faces. "What's wrong?" I asked. 

 "Uh....Aviana..are you related to a fairy at all?" Janie asked. 

 "Um..I don't think so. Why?" 

 "We'll show you why.." Bryce replied, as they lead me into the pack house. 

 They brought me into Mirah's room and placed me in front of her vanity. I looked into the mirror and gasped in pure shock. I had wings! 

 "It's ok, Buttercup...you look beautiful in them..." Jordan replied. 

 "That isn't the point! Why do I have wings?! What's going on!?" I exclaimed. 

 "Calm down, buttercup. Somewhere in your family line, your related to a fairy." I nodded.

  At that moment, Tana started to cry. Mirah shook her head. "I guess I'd better tend to her." 

 We smiled and left the room while Mirah took Tana in her arms. We decided to visit Alpha Ethan in the hospital. Before we left, I managed to hide my wings. Luna June was standing in the lobby, crying. 

 "What's wrong, Aunt June??" Mia asked. 

 "Your uncle is..he's...." she didn't need to finish her sentence for us to know what happened. 

 We looked into the room and saw the doctors trying to get his heart to beat. Despite Jordan trying to hold me back, I went in.

  "Please let me get to him." I said calmly. 

 "Miss, you need to leave," one of the nurses told me. 

 "I can help.." I responded. I walked over to the bed and put my hand on his chest and closed my eyes.

Pack Doctor's POV:

I was really confused as to how this girl got in here and why she was here. We are trying to save the Alpha's life! She walked up to his bed and put her hand on his chest. His heart has stopped beating, how is this gonna help?! 

 Suddenly, there was a very bright light coming from the Alpha's chest and the girl! 

 "What the moon goddess!?" my assistant exclaimed. 

 When the light died down, the girl turned to us and said, "He should be alright now." And with that, she left the room. 

 We immediately examined him. His heart was beating normally! And, from what we saw, his heart condition was healed! 

 "Impossible..." I said in disbelief.