Chapter 20

Dianna's POV:

I know he's lost the will to live..But I just keep sitting here by his side...hoping and praying he'll wake up. I've made up my mind finally about him..I think that my sister and his family were right. He's changed. He just doesn't realize it. And if he does, he's concentrating on his scars. 

 "Maybe he should talk to Tanner. He just figured that lesson out." Lucy stated. 

 "Somehow, I'm not sure if he'll listen..I don't know if he'd listen to anyone..But I'm going to try, Lucy," I told her. 

 She smiled. She was proud that I had finally decided to trust Jake and love him. I've really always loved him. Just, in the beginning, I was not going to accept the fact my mate was a mean, selfish bully and leave it at that. I wanted him to change. I wanted to believe he could change. But, after a while, I started wondering if he would ever change. "Jake," I said quietly, hoping he could hear me, "I don't know if you can hear me..But if you can, I just want you to know that I forgive you..And I'm sorry..And, most importantly, I love you." I smiled sadly and sang a song that I liked to listen to sometimes. It was definitely relatable and helpful. I sang from the heart. Lucy took control and it literally sounded like we were singing together. When we finished, I just couldn't hold back my tears. I leaned over him and cried. "Please, Jake..Please be ok! I love you..! I'm sorry!" I sobbed.

Liam's POV:

I couldn't believe my baby brother literally tried to end his life. Dianna actually hasn't gone home yet and it's been a few days. She just sits in his room all day and never moves. She doesn't really say much either. But she cries a lot. 

 Once, in the middle of the night, when everyone was asleep, including her, I snuck into Jake's room. I wasn't sure if he could hear what I said, I hoped he could. "Hey, little brother. It's me, Liam. I know it's late and I don't know if you can hear me. But, I just wanted you to know, I saw and heard Dianna today..She really meant everything she said and sang. Your lucky, bro. She has a stunning voice. Well, I know we all mean what we say to you when we tell you that we love and forgive you. Jake, everyone makes mistakes. Even me. I don't think sitting alone and not even trying in blind school feeling sorry for myself won't count as a mistake. I think it will. But I changed just like you. Now, if you can hear me, I know what your thinking. 'Have I really changed, though??' Quit it. Stop those negative thoughts. I know I'm the last person right now who should talk about that but I know you have changed. Like..for example, do you think some one like your past self would admit to being a terrible person? No. But you did. That is one sign you have changed. Little brother, please..I beg you..listen to me..Fight..please! We all need you..Especially, your mate. I've never seen or heard some one cry so much..We all cry a lot, but Diana cries the most..She loves you, Jake..We all do.." I sighed and walked back to my room. 

 "Being able to see is amazing, Flynn..But right now, I'd rather go back to being blind if it meant my baby brother would be ok.." I told my wolf as I crawled back in bed. 

 "I know..I wish as much as you do that there was something we could do.." Flynn remarked ruefully.

Unknown POV:

I've finally escaped from the hospital..I'm going to make that Alpha Ethan pay for what he's done to me and my family. For taking my sister away. If his sons aren't dead yet, they will be when I get through with thm. I'll make them all pay. Including that boy who has my daughter. Dabria.

Third Person POV:

A lot has happened. A lot is still happening. This is far from the end. Jake is still suffering from his attempt to kill himself. Dianna is suffering without her mate. Liam wishes he could give up his sight for his brother. Tanner and Mirah have finally settled their family matters. Now, some one wants to kill Ethan's sons. 

 What will happen? Will Jake die? Will Dianna be left alone? Will the mysterious person succeed with his revenge? Keep reading to find out.