Chapter 12

Liam's POV:                                                                                                                                           Picture of Bryce

We trained hard for the next few weeks. Dad went out with his warriors, Beta, and Gamma every day. He and Jake were at the moment, not on speaking terms. I felt bad...I felt responsible! I know it's not really my fault, but if I hadn't gone blind that day, this never would have happened..

 Well, Aunt Melanie's kids decided to help us. Their parents support all of us. My other uncles and aunts do too. At the moment, I'm being led by the hand in the woods. I think Jake was in the lead. He has gotten to be a really good fighter and tracker. 

 "I'm getting her scent!" he exclaimed suddenly. 

 "Wait, really?!" I asked, shocked. 

 We had gone out every day, but never found anything. Dad and his men never did either apparently.

  I could hear Hannah crying with joy. "I-is it her? Is it my sister?" she asked quickly, through sobs. 

 "Yes! But...wait a second....." Jake stopped talking. 

 "What is it, little brother?" I asked him. 

 "Bryce, get over here!" Jake demanded. 

 "Hannah, what's going on?" I turned to my mate, who was standing beside me, holding my hand. 

 "I'm not sure, Liam. It looks like their talking and sniffing.." she answered. 

 "Guys, Diana's scent isn't the only one here. There's another here too....and..we know who's it is." 

 "Who?!" Hannah demanded, getting really impatient. 

 "Alpha Marcus of the Sparkling Diamond Pack." 

 "But...Jake, isn't that..Hannah's pack and Alpha?" I asked, confused. "Why would he kidnap Diana?" 

 "Yes, it is Hannah's pack and Alpha. And..I really have no idea why he'd kidnap her. But, I promise you, I will find out. I'll find out then make him regret the day he was born." he growled. 

 "Now, Jake, let's calm down..We can't go beating some one to death..even if we want to..Even if they did kidnap your mate." Hannah remarked in her calm, soothing voice. I don't think it really calmed him down. He just muttered to us to follow him. Hannah led me in the direction they were taking.

Ethan's POV:

My men and I were out looking. We've been looking everyday, but we still can't find any traces of Dianna. It's strange..Like, she's vanished into thin air! But I'm not going to give up that easily. Jake really needs this girl. She's his mate. I understand he wants to find her himself and hurt the one's that took her, but it'll most likely be dangerous. My oldest boy has already lost his sight. I don't want to lose my youngest son. Trust me, I understand how Jake is feeling. If June was kidnapped, I'd be the same way..Maybe I was wrong..Maybe I was wrong to be so hard on him. Now we aren't speaking..

 "Was I wrong, Noir?" I asked my wolf. 

 He shrugged. "Well, you could've been a little less...mean and a little less hard on the boy." he answered. 

 "Your probably right..When we get back, it's time for a little father-son bonding time," I declared. 

 "Now that sounds like fun. Maybe we can go for a run and I can chase him around a bit?" 

 "Noir! He's our son! You can't chase him around even if he is a cat!" I exclaimed. 

 He smiled sheepishly at me.

  I rolled my eyes and turned towards my men. "Alright, men! Let's go. Beta Chase, can you find any scents anywhere?" 

 My brother sniffed around. "I smell a little bit..it smells like it could be her. There's another with her as well." he answered. 

 "Where are they headed?" I asked. 

 "I don't know..The scent is so faint I can barely even make it out. But, I'll keep trying, brother Alpha." 

 "Ok, Chase. And don't call me brother Alpha!" He liked to tease me and call be brother Alpha a lot. I am lucky Cole, Lily, Mel, and Mason don't pick on me like that. We spent a while out there. Chase still couldn't figure out where the scent was headed. "Alright, Chase, men. That's enough for today. We'll come back tomorrow." I told them finally. They all sounded relieved and we walked back to the pack house. When I got there, I saw Jake outside, sitting on the porch. "Chase, tell June I'll be right in. I have to talk to my son.." He nodded and went inside. I sat down beside Jake. "Jake, I know you are angry with me..I'm..sorry I was so hard. I was just worried about you." He looked up at me. "What do you say, after I go in and say hi to your mom, we go out and have some fun? Just the two of us." I smiled at him. He smiled. "Ok, dad." I nodded and went in to say hi to June. 

 "Hello, Ethan, How was tracking today?" she asked.

  I shook my head. "We found a faint scent. But we couldn't make out where it was headed. We'll try again tomorrow. For now, I'm going to go out with Jake for a little while. We'll be back a little later." I told her. 

 She smiled and we kissed. "Ok, Ethan. Be safe. And don't stay out too late." 

 "I won't, June." I laughed. "Bye, honey!" 

 "Bye, Ethan!" 

 Jake and I actually had a lot of fun. And Noir did get to chase his lynx. We were playing tag and Noir got...a little carried away. 

 "Leave me alone, mutt!" I heard a voice in my head. I think that was his lynx. 

 Before I could respond, Noir answered for me. "Not a chance, cat! I'm gonna get you!" I groaned as I tried to take control. 

 "Dad, you good back there? I can't control my lynx! I'm sorry." My son's voice rang in my head. 

 "Yea..I'm ok..I can't control my wolf either. They've lost their minds, obviously.." I panted in mind-link. "Just keep trying, son! Not sure if I can keep this up for long." 

 "Ok, dad. Just hang in there!" 

 Eventually, Noir, and my son's lynx, Firgus came to their senses and stopped. 

 "Really, Noir??" I said, exasperated. 

 He smiled sheepishly. Jake and I sat down and rested for a bit. There, Jake told me what they found that day. 

 "Dad, how well do you know Alpha Marcus?" 

 "Well, I wouldn't say I know him well. But, he seemed like a nice guy and his pack was in trouble. So, we helped them. Why?" 

 "Well, today, we found a scent. Two scents. Strong ones we could follow. One was Dianna's..and the other...was Alpha Marcus." he told me. 

 "You found Alpha Marcus' scent out there with Dianna's?" I repeated, confused. He nodded. 

 "Yes, dad. The only idea I have, as to why he'd be out there with her is...He kidnapped her." His words rang in my mind. Why would he kidnap his own pack member?? But, it did make sense as to why he'd be out there with her. 

 "Jake, will you allow my men and I to come with you all tomorrow to find them?" I asked. He nodded. 

 "I wanted to ask you if you would. We were going to try following it today, but it got late.." 

 "Don't worry, Jake. We'll find her." I told him.