Chapter 2

Hannah's POV:

My family and I were just taking our normal family walk when we were suddenly attacked by rogues. We've only been in this pack a few weeks and now we get attacked by the very thing our pack was trying to avoid? Well, the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma showed up and and fought the rogues. When they finally ran away, my dad and mom started talking angrily with the Alpha. 

 Our Pack, The Sparkling Diamond Pack joined forces with the Silver Star Pack because we were getting constantly attacked by rogues and there weren't many of us left. Our Alpha still guide our pack. Only now he does it with Alpha Ethan and Luna June. At that moment, I saw the most handsome boy I had ever seen in my life stumble out from some bushes. Our eyes met. 

 "Mate! Mate! Mate!" my wolf Fusha exclaimed. 

 "Liam, are you alright?" the Beta asked. 

 I barely make out what the boy said, but it was only one word. I think he said the word, mate. I walked over to him and took him in my arms. It was weird because he seemed to jump when I touched him. 

 "Hannah, our mate..he's blind!" Fusha exclaimed. 

 I let go of him and looked into his pale eyes. I think they were a brown, but they were so pale, hardly full of life at all. 

 "I'm sorry, my name is Hannah. What's your name?" I asked my mate. 

 "I'm Liam.." he answered. 

 "Liam, it's wonderful to meet you. Are you..really blind?" I held his hand and smiled as I felt the sparks that flew at our touch.

  "Yes, I'm blind. I am really happy to meet you, as well..But are you sure you want me as your mate?" I looked up at him, stunned at what I just heard. 

 "Of course I want to be your mate! I wouldn't want it any other way! I wouldn't trade you for anyone else in the world." I gave him a small kiss on his cheek. 

 "Come, we can get to know each other." 

 I led him to a small nearby spot I'd found a week ago. I loved that spot. 

 "I'll be back a little later, papa!" I told my dad, who just stood there speechless, watching us walk away. 

 "Now you got me jealous, sister!" my older twin sister called  out to me.

  I laughed. "Don'y worry, sis! You'll find your mate soon enough!" I called back. 

 We sat down on a fallen tree branch near a small, lovely little pond. We talked and talked. The one thing I noticed though about Liam that made me sad, was he never laughed or smiled. I asked him why he asked me before if I really did want to be his mate and he said that he always thought his mate would reject him for being blind. Even his brother told him that. I was in tears. I could feel my mate was so sad inside. He never let it out though. 

 "My blindness is a curse. I can't do anything, Hannah. I won't be able to protect you.." he turned away from me, but I moved his head back to meet my eyes. 

 "I don't care if your blind, Liam. Your blindness is not a curse. If you just try, you can do anything a sighted person can do." I told him. 

 He looked doubtful, but nodded. I could still feel his sadness and see it in his eyes. 

 "What do we do, Fusha?" I asked my wolf. 

 "Be there for him. Help him. He's already given up. Don't give up on him. We can't be doing everything for him though, we need to be firm, but gentle. We need to help him see that he's not as useless as he thinks." she told me. 

 I nodded. "I have the feeling he listens to his bully brother too much." 

 Fusha agreed. "We have to somehow make him understand that his brother is just a bully and is 100% wrong about him." 

 "Everything ok?" Liam asked me suddenly. 

 "Oh, yea. Sorry. I was talking to my wolf, Fusha. You..wanna meet her?" I asked. 

I saw his eyes give a little sparkle. His wolf was probably going nuts right now. 

 "Alright." he replied. 

 I nodded and shifted, giving Fusha control. She went up to him and nuzzled him happily. He stroked our ears. Oh that felt good! 

 "Want to meet Flynn?" he asked. 

 Fusha and I nodded excitedly and yipped. We guessed Flynn was his wolf. 

 He closed his eyes and I guess gave Flynn control. 

 "Hey, gorgeous." he said. We rolled our eyes. 

 "You must be Flynn. I'm Fusha, Hannah's wolf." Fusha mind-linked him. 

 Flynn smiled. 

 I felt kinda sad. Flynn seems so energetic and happy, like I imagine Liam used to be. But..Liam is practically miserable. 

 "Have you tried talking to Liam about his blindness?" I asked him through mind-link.

  He nodded. "He says I don't understand. But I do. I'm his wolf, so I'm blind as well. Our conversations always end up with him cutting our connection.

 I could feel tears running down my face. 

 "If your blind, Flynn, why did you call me gorgeous? How do you know I'm pretty? I could be atrocious looking for all you know." Fusha stated.

  Flynn smiled. "Your my mate. I don't care what you look like. You'll always be gorgeous to me, even if I can't see. Now, please tell me, what do you look like?" Flynn stroked our fur. "Our fur is gray and our eyes are a pale blue." Fusha said. 

 "That sounds breathtaking!" Flynn breathed. 

 We smiled. 

 "I have brown hair and fair skin." I told him through mind-link. 

 We talked for a while. Then, Fusha and I noticed the sun was going down. Fusha gave me back control and I shifted back. 

 "We'd better get back. Our parents will wonder where we are." I stated. 

 Flynn nodded and gave Liam back control. I took his hand and we walked back to the pack house. 

 "Liam! Where have you been? Not only are you a blind loser, but I don't think you really care about mom and dad! They are worried about you." a blond boy came up to us as we were almost to the house. Liam didn't say anything. He hung his head low. 

 I growled. "How dare you, Jake! You have no right to say those horrible lies to my mate! You dare do it again it won't be me on the ground. It'll be you!" I yelled at him.

  I met Jake when we moved here and believe you me, he is a jerk! He's nothing but a bratty bully. He sometimes hits me. I tell mom and dad and they tell his parents, but even if they try to do something about it, he's still the same. 

 "Weren't you supposed to be grounded, little bro?" Liam asked. 

 I stared at him. Little brother?? 

 "Yea, well I don't care! And just mind your own business freak!" Jake raised his hand to hit Liam, but I stopped him.

  "Don't even think about it." I growled fiercely. I pushed past him with Liam's hand in mine. 

 "I'm sorry about that, Hannah. He likes to..put me down." Liam stated as we walked. 

 "I noticed. I also noticed that you listen to him too much. What he says about you isn't true. You may be blind, but you aren't a freak. Your not a loser. You are very special." I told him. 

 He nodded, his eyes giving a little sparkle. He still didn't smile though. I wondered how I was going to help him when he was in denial about himself and wouldn't budge to believe a word anyone said.