Chapter 10

Jake's POV:

It was past midnight when for the first time in years, I was there for my brother. 

 I wasn't really asleep so, I could clearly hear Liam in his room. It sounded like he was talking in his sleep. Now, a couple days ago, I would have just either stayed in bed, or gone straight to his room and told him to be quiet in a pretty mean way. But, I promise you, that is not what I did this time. I got out of bed and went to Liam's room, which was across from mine. 

 Mom and dad's was at the end of the hall. 

 Liam was tossing and turning in his bed. He was sweating too! But..that wasn't what quite got me...He was having a nightmare..it was obvious. And..he kept saying.."Jake, please stop! I'm not useless! I'm not! Please don't hurt me!" 

 I closed my eyes trying to keep back tears. 

 "You ok, Jake?" Firgus asked me. 

 I shrugged. "I don't know, Firgus..I suppose I never realized how much I hurt him..I made fun of him and put him down constantly..so much so, that he's literally having a nightmare!" I told him. 

 "It's ok..Liam doesn't seem like the kind of person to hold a life-long grudge against his baby bro."  

 "Firgus, I told him not to call me brother! I..was basically ashamed of my big brother! Ugh! I am such a horrible person! Maybe I should just call mom and dad to take care of him...I'm the last person he'd wanna see-er-yea...y'know..

 "Jake, you aren't a horrible person anymore. You've changed. You aren't that person anymore. Now, how about we go comfort our brother?" 

 I smiled. "Firgus, I'm so grateful to have you for my lynx." 

 I went over to Liam's bed. I put my hand on his shoulder and he woke up with a gasp. "Liam, shh. It's ok..I-I'm..here.." I said softly. 

 He sank back into the pillow with a sigh of relief. 

 "Liam, was that nightmare...about...me?" I asked, though I knew the answer. 

 He hesitated but finally nodded. "Yea..it was.." he answered. 

 "Do you still see me that way, big brother?" 

 He sat up and took my hand in his. "No, Jake. I don't. I admit, I was a little hesitant at first..But, I...I think I'm ready to trust you." 

 I listened as he spoke. I could tell he wasn't kidding, although, I wondered why he would want to trust me..after all I had done to him. 

 I interrupted him and asked him, "Liam, why? Why would you trust me, or even want to help me after all I've done to you and mom and dad? Even other pack members! I've been a terrible bully and a brat. I don't deserve forgiveness or trust from anyone..Especially you, mom, dad, Hannah, and...Dianna.." 

 "Jake, I believe everyone deserves forgiveness. And, your my little brother. I love you. Of course I'd want to forgive you and give you my trust. Of course...I might be leery at times-" 

 "Of course you will be, Liam! You have good reason to be! I'm not a good person and I realize that now..I just had to lose my mate in order to realize it." I pointed out. 

 Liam shook his head. "No, little brother..That isn't who you are anymore. You have been given the chance to change your ways. And to be honest, I think you are on the right track to changing. And, I do want to help..well, as best I can anyway." 

 I smiled. "Thanks, Liam..And, I'm sorry again.." 

 "No problem, Jake." Ok, ok, now let's address the question everyone is probably asking. Why was I so worried about Liam having a nightmare? Well, Liam has never had any nightmares before. And, if he did, they weren't....as bad as this one. And, it's kinda become a habit for everyone around here to come running when they hear Liam call out. Yes, even me. I never did do it much..ever since I decided to start being a mean, selfish brat, but I did do it sometimes. I'll do it more now, too. I wanna be there for my big brother like I should have been in the beginning..

Hannah's POV:

I arrived after school to the pack house to visit Liam. And when I got there, Liam told me the news. 

 "Your what?!" I exclaimed. 

 "I'm going to help Jake find your sister." he explained again. "Hannah, I know I'm blind and I probably can't do much, but I want to try.." 

 "Liam, it's ok. I guess I'm just a little worried. I think even though your blind, you can do plenty." I told him. "All the time you were blind, all those years, you have always thought of yourself as useless because of your blindness. But now, it's time for you to prove to yourself you aren't useless." 

 "I hope you didn't just tell Hannah what I think you told her." a voice said suddenly. 

 "Xander? Is that you?" Liam asked.

  Xander, Xandra, Mark, and Jillian came walking down from the stairs. 

 "Yes, cousin. It is." Xander replied. "And please do not tell us you plan to literally put your life at risk by helping Jake find his mate." 

 I looked at Liam. He sighed and nodded. "Yes, Xander. I am.." 

 "But, why, Liam?! Jake has bullied you practically since you went blind! Now you wanna help him?" Jillian exclaimed. 

 "He isn't the same Jake as he was back then. He's changed. I may need a little help, but, Jake and I will help each other." 

 Mark rolled his eyes. "I think he's lost his mind," he mumbled. 

 I growled and stood up, facing him. "Never, ever speak about Liam like that again! Never! Do you understand?" 

 He cowered under my gaze. "Y-yes, Hannah.." he whimpered. "Besides, he won't be alone. He'll have Jake. And, he'll have me." 

 "What?!" Liam and his cousins asked in unison. 

 "Yes, I am going to help Liam and Jake find Dianna. Besides, Liam is my mate, Jake is my future brother-in-law, and Dianna is my twin sister. And you know what, I would have expected that you guys would have more understanding about this and support him and his decision. I'm disappointed in you.." I shook my head. "Come on, Liam. Let's go tell Jake that he has an extra helper." I took Liam's hand and we went up the stairs.