Chapter 13

Jake's POV:

I led dad to the spot we were at the day before. He examined it carefully. 

 "Chase, Hayden, what do you think?" he asked. 

 Uncle Chase and Uncle Hayden looked and sniffed. "It's definitely Alpha Marcus, no doubt about it, Ethan," Uncle Chase declared. 

 "Hayden, can you tell where it's coming from this time?" dad asked. 

 "I think so, Ethan. But it may take a while to pinpoint exactly where. At some point, they were both held up here. But, apparently, they left." 

 "Jake, I'm not going to ask you to go back, because I know how that's gonna go. But, Liam, I want you and Hannah to go back to the pack. Stay there and don't exit the pack house until I come back. Hannah, you can call your mother and tell her you'll be staying with Liam a while." 

 "Alright, sir..But, isn't there something we can do to help besides staying inside?" Hannah asked. 

   "I can't think of anything, except being there for June and comforting her." he told her.

"Alright, Dad..I'll see you later, I guess." Liam stated as dad hugged him. 

 "Tell your mom not to worry..." 

 "Dad, your coming back...aren't you??" Liam asked. 

 I stood there, listening. "Firgus, the way dad's talking...it sounds like he doesn't plan on coming back!" 

 "I know..this is crazy! I wish I had something to tell you..Unfortunately, I don't, Jake.

 I sighed. 

 "Just be safe, Liam..I love you. Tell your mom I love her, will you?"

  Liam nodded slowly. 

 "Come on, Liam..Let's go..Bye Alpha," Hannah took his hand and the five set off. 

 Uncle Mason's kids stayed. 

 "Hey, Uncle Hayden! Come here a minute!" 

 "What is it, Ian?" Uncle Hayden walked over to Ian, who was kneeling down near a bunch of trees and bushes. 

 "It seems like the trail goes in through here..What do you think?" 

 "I think you might be right. Ethan, I think we found where to go from here." 

 "Right there?? But there's no trail!" 

 "Apparently, he must have shifted and carried her on his back. That is the only way I can see us getting through here." 

 "Alright, then. Let's go."

  We all shifted and made our way through the overgrown area. Mirah, Siarra, Jordan, and I followed close behind dad, Uncle Hayden, Uncle Chase, and dad's warriors. One of them, was actually Uncle Mason. Now, I heard from my mom and dad, that Uncle Mason used to be pretty weak and scared. But, that's definitely not the case with him now! He's really strong and brave. Aunt Desiree says so all the time. We walked for a while. It felt like forever but according to my wrist watch, it had only been a couple hours. Finally, we came to a stop. 

 "Brother, I sense something close by. Perhaps, it's Young Dianna and Alpha Marcus." Uncle Mason stated. 

 Dad nodded. "Everyone, be on guard. Especially you, Jake. A lynx can be pretty powerful if you know what your doing." 

 I nodded. "Yes sir." We slowly, and carefully, walked forward.

Jordan's POV:

I was the one bringing up the rear. I followed close behind Siarra. Xandra, Xander, Mark, and Jillian were in front of Jake. Ian was up there too. Finally, we came to a building. It was old and rundown. It was in desperate need of repair. From inside, we could hear sobbing. 

 "Dianna?!" Jake exclaimed. 

 "Easy son. Calm down. It may be a trick." Uncle Ethan warned.

 "Yes sir..." Jake mumbled. He was trying to hold himself back, but  could tell, it was hard. I always wondered what it'd be like to have a mate. But then I look at the trouble Jake and Mirah are having and I'm like, forget it! 

 "Not every relationship has problems, bonehead." my dragon, Fang said.

  I shrugged. "Probably most of them do!" Fang rolled his eyes.

Unknown POV:

I looked over at my father and the girl he had captive. I was having trouble believing what my father was telling me..He's kept me hidden all my life. And now, suddenly, he needs my help? With a kidnapping! My job was to make sure the girl didn't escape. A pretty simple job considering she's tied tightly to a chair with silver cords. Pretty painful for wolves, I've heard. What do I mean? Well, I'm not exactly a wolf. My father, to his disgrace (Those are his own words.) , was mated with a human. He stayed with her, expecting a were-wolf baby. Instead, of being a wolf, I turned out to be human. My mom died in childbirth, so all I've known is my father...

 Suddenly, I sat bolt upright. "Father, I hear something!" I exclaimed.  

 He smiled an evil smile. I knew something bad was going to happen. 

 "Good girl, Dabria.."

  I sighed. When I was born, after he found out mom was dead, he called my middle name, Dabria. Angel of death...I went back to my corner and cried. The girl in the chair looked at me with sympathy. She was gagged as well as tied up. I turned my head away from her and continued to cry. All I've ever wanted was some one to love...who loves me..That'll never happen..Who'd ever want me? A murderer? An ugly, weak, disgusting human?

Jordan's POV:

The sobbing continued. It was definitely real. 

 "Dude, I don't think that crying is coming from your mate." David commented.

  The closer I got, the louder the crying got. Then, I smelled something. Something sweet. It was like..orange blossoms mixed with cinnamon. My eyes went wide. I rushed inside and was face to face with the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life. Her face was tear-stained. "Mate.." I whispered.

  "So, your mated with my good-for-nothing daughter? Too bad." a cruel voice said from behind. "Y'know why, boy? Because your gonna die!" 

 "Stop, Marcus!" Uncle Ethan commanded from the doorway. 

 He smiled evily. "My plan worked.." Alpha Marcus declared. He growled, shifted and attacked Uncle Ethan before he could shift.

  As they fought, I rushed over to my mate. She was very skinny. Her hair was very matted. "I won't hurt you, don't worry, buttercup." I said as she flinched away. She had a lot of bruises all over her arms..Her shirt was ripped so it looked like a crop top. She had bruises on her back and stomach too. 

 "Dianna! Are you ok?" Jake asked. 

 "Y-yea..I think so..Is that girl ok?" 

 I held on to my mate's frail body. 

 "I don't know..She has a lot of bruises and she's really thin." 

 "I-I'm...ok.." she murmured before she fell unconscious. 

 "Buttercup!" 

 "DAD!!" Jake yelled suddenly. I looked behind me at the two Alphas. It looked like Uncle Ethan was having pain in his heart. Alpha Marcus laughed as he kicked him hard. If some one didn't do something soon, Uncle Ethan was not going to live to see Aunt June again..