Chapter 24

Liam's POV:

I growled. I could feel Flynn taking over. I could also feel those self-doubts coming back.

  "Come on, Liam! Let's shift and teach this jerk not to mess with our mate and family!" Flynn urged. 

 I hesitated. All at once, everything was laid on my shoulders. I had to break out of these ropes and free my family and mate. But....

 "I know we're blind, Liam! But just remember what Hannah always told us. We can do it. Don't live your life feeling sorry for yourself. We may have lost one sense, but all our other senses have kicked in and doubled! Remember when you kicked that training warrior and blocked those punches?" 

 I smiled at the thought. It had made me feel so good! "Your right, Flynn. Let's do this." I immediately let him take control and shifted, braking the ropes and gag holding me back. The blindfold fell off too, but I didn't care about that.  Jake was right behind me. He seemed afraid and nervous. 

 "His lynx is too weak to fight. It's up to us to create a distraction so our father and those with him can shift and fight. But, at the same time, we need to protect everyone." Flynn told me.

  I was feeling a little scared, but I ignored my feelings and attacked. He never saw me coming. My father and his men quickly took the opportunity and shifted, attacking the rogues that were coming to aid their master. The rogues kept them so busy, no one was free to help me. I was on my own..

Hannah's POV:

I stood there, watching my mate, who I swear his lost his mind, fighting Alpha Marcus. Xander, just before he shifted, scolded Xandra. 

 Xandra hissed at him. 

 "You can hiss all you want, sis. But dad won't be happy. And I'm not either." he said shifting and joining the fight. 

 Minutes past, and more rogues had joined the fight, keeping the Alpha and his men too busy to help Liam. "Why doesn't Jake do something?!" I exclaimed. 

 "His lynx is too weak to fight. If he shifts, he wouldn't be of much use." Dianna explained. 

 "Let me at 'em!" Xandra tried to pull away. 

 "Look, you may be able to heal fast because your a were-creature, but we aren't letting you go anywhere." Dianna held her firmly. 

 "Dianna, stay here with Xandra." I said quietly. 

 "Of course I will. But what are you-?" I shifted into my wolf before my sister could finish. "Hannah! No! You could get yourself killed!" she yelled at me. 

 "I know, sis. But I have to help Liam," I told her through the mind-link. I ran over to Liam and attacked. I knew Liam could feel I was near him. 

 "Hannah?! What are you doing?!" he asked through the mind-link, not sounding very happy. 

 "Helping you!" I answered. It was two against one. Liam was doing well, although his blindness didn't help his case. Finally, when he figured out there was no way he could win, Alpha Marcus surrendered. Liam shifted back. I took off the sweatshirt he had given me and gave it to him. "Here, Liam. Put this on," I told him.

  "Thanks, Hannah." he smiled and put it on. 

 The Alpha and Beta held our enemy firmly by his arms and headed back to the pack house. We followed behind. Xandra, Jake, and Dianna brought up the rear. I could see that Xandra was not looking forward to when we returned. I know why too. 

 "Hannah, why were you, Dianna, and Xandra away from the pack house, exactly?" Liam asked as we walked. "Dianna and I went to find Xandra. Xandra, I guess, got little adventurous and decided to go after you. The Luna gave us permission. Hopefully, your father won't be too mad at my sister and I.."