Thirty-Nine

The next few concerts flew by. Every weekend they ventured to a new place. Seattle to Pheonix, to Chicago, then to New York.

Auden felt like she was living in a dream. She started working with J-hope on his solo album and she found herself getting lost in lyrics and melodies. She was on a musical high of sorts and she never wanted it to end.

She spent her days in the hotel room, scribbling lyrics and formulating beats on her computer. In the evenings she would go out to eat with the members and they would sight see the cities they visited. She'd go to the concerts on the weekends and would watch back stage, each time becoming more enthralled with their world.

And all of Auden's fears about what life would be like on the road, in a relationship with an idol, well—they slowly started slipping away.

Her parents even reached out to her more often, now more interested than ever in her whereabouts. Auden tried to see it as a good thing, hoping her relationship with her parents was finally on the mend.

"How are you doing sweetie?"

"Good, we just made it to New York," Auden said as she unpacked her suitcase. She was getting really good at packing and unpacking her things.

"That's so good to hear. I'm glad you're enjoying traveling."

"How are you and Dad?" Auden asked.

"We're good. Your father just joined the golf club for ages fifty and up."

"Sounds exciting," Auden said, realizing she was actually smiling as she spoke with her mom for the first time in a while. Yeah it sort of sucked that her mom hadn't started to really treat her the best until she became successful. But she would take what she could get. It felt good to have her mom there for her again.

"I hope you and Jimin will come and visit again sometime soon. I really liked him," her mom hinted.

"I like him too." Auden chuckled, glancing over at Jimin who was hanging up his clothes in the closet. "And I'm sure we'll come visit again sometime soon."

"Also, your birthday is in a couple days, are you going to celebrate together?" her mother asked. 

A nervous excitement filled Auden's stomach at the mention of her birthday. She didn't know if Jimin had anything planned for her birthday. She'd told him her birthday a while ago but didn't know if he would remember. But she hoped she'd be spending the day with him. She usually spent her birthday's with Emmie, and her friend usually planned something special because Emmie was just that kind of friend. But she didn't what to expect with Jimin, and that brought on a plethora of emotions. 

"He hasn't said anything yet. But I'm sure we'll do something," Auden said. 

The next day Auden woke up to Jimin running his fingers across her back, lazily drawing designs that were making her skin tingle with the most wonderful sensation. 

"Good morning," he greeted, leaning down to kiss her shoulder. 

"Good morning," she said groggily. As she turned over in bed the sun pierced her irises and then once she adjusted she was able to take in Jimin's beautiful face in the morning light. 

"Happy Birthday," he said, the biggest smile on his face. 

Auden laughed, as he leaned down to pepper her face with kisses. 

"Thank you," she giggled, struggling to stay composed as he tickled her skin with his lips. 

He pulled away, an eagerness in his eyes that she couldn't ignore. "I don't have rehearsals today, so we have the whole day to ourselves."