Eighteen.

Auden stood out on her balcony the following morning, hot coffee in her hand. She admired the cerulean waves that tumbled onto the shore, wishing they could climb up her balcony and wash away the dark feeling in her chest.

After Bang Si-hyuk had told Auden about Jimin's brother having cancer, she found herself experiencing a variety of emotions. She couldn't talk to Jimin about it because he hadn't been the one to share that information with her and it felt wrong to press him about it.

She would just have to let him tell her on his own time. If that's what he wanted.

Auden felt sort of conflicted that he hadn't told her yet. But another part of her completely understood why he hadn't. It wasn't like they were super close, so Auden shouldn't have expected anything.

But mostly she had this odd feeling that she wanted to comfort him and didn't know how or why she was feeling that way.

Auden always felt sad seeing cancer stories on social media or when she heard about them from her parents who knew someone that had it. But Auden was unsure why the thought of Jimin having to go through such a thing wasn't just causing her to feel sad, but her heart to feel sort of broken. For him and his brother. 

Was that what she was feeling? Heartache? She didn't really know what was going on inside of her. But it was definitely affecting her.

Auden sighed, thinking about how much her life had changed since she'd taken the job working for HYBE. She'd had an idea of how it would be, but she'd never once imagined anything like this.

Never Park Jimin.

Auden sipped her coffee, suddenly remembering the way he'd called her baby in Korean a few times, and the way his hand had held hers on the way out of the hospital. They'd held hands, right? Auden felt like a victim of short term memory loss. Her mind playing tricks on her as to what was real and what wasn't. Maybe he called everyone baby? She wondered if there was a part of her, the part of her that frequently affronted self denial, that was trying to make her believe nothing was happening.

Nothing was happening though. . .

Just then her phone rang, startling her from her very complicated, unreasonable thoughts.

She pulled the buzzing device from her pocket and felt as if she'd been shocked by a brief current of electricity when she saw who's contact was on the screen.

"Jimin?" she answered, trying to keep her voice calm.

"Hey, would you be willing to come over and help me with something?" Jimin asked, and Auden immediately went on the defense, knowing Jimin and his unpredictability.

Who was she talking to? Sassy Jimin? Sweet and attentive Jimin? Or was she about to meet a whole new Jimin?

"Depends on what it is," she said defensively.

"It's nothing weird," he assured her. "But I can't come to the door, because I'm sort of, unable to move."

"Jimin, I don't like the sound of that."

He chuckled, obviously amused by her distrust. "Just come over here, I promise I won't drag you into my bed or anything."

Oh right, cause that happened once.  Auden could see metaphorical lines blurring in her head and she was strictly against that sort of thing. She had been able to justify everything so far. She'd even waved off the 'walking in on Jimin in his bed shirtless incident', refusing to believe that she was developing feelings for a client. Yes, Jimin was a beautiful person. But she could acknowledge that he was beautiful without having feelings for him.