Twenty-Five

Auden was quiet on the ride home from the restaurant. She didn't mean to be, but Hitman Bang's words were in her mind, playing on an endless loop. 

He will never belong to you. . .

The hardest part about these words was that Auden already knew they were true. He could never fully belong to her. Because a large portion of himself would always belong to his fans. And Auden had to think about those things even though she was just in the beginning stages of admitting her feelings for him. 

If Auden got involved with Park Jimin she knew it wasn't something she would take lightly. She could never just have a fling with Jimin. He was the type that etched his smile into your soul. And when he laughed it lingered in your veins. 

She didn't think anyone could get involved with Jimin and not fall in love with him. 

Jimin held her hand in the backseat of the car on the drive home, and Auden felt a pit in her stomach. Not because she didn't want to hold his hand, but because she knew she was going to have to let go. 

Her body was no longer flushed with butterflies and excited emotions. She was struggling to hold it together as the practical side of herself warred against the part of her that wanted Park Jimin. 

She did her best to keep up with the conversation, but she was struggling to stay focused. 

Auden was a practical person. She always had been. And maybe that was because part of herself was always trying to make sure she never got hurt. She felt like if she kept her emotions in check at all times that no one could touch her. But boy had she been wrong. 

Being in the career she was in, she couldn't allow herself to catch feelings for stars or idols. She had to remain level headed. Also the music industry was filled with people climbing the social ladder, desperate to get to the top. People weren't always kind. Actually most of the time they were the opposite in the blood thirsty industry she worked within. 

So Auden had learned how to remain impassive a long time ago. She'd become an expert at creating walls around her heart. And they were slowly building back up again after Hitman Bang's comments. 

What had she been thinking? Why had she allowed herself to even consider something with Jimin? 

It was like she'd been splashed with cold water. The fog was clearing, and she was realizing just how wrong she might've been trying to step into his world with him. 

They got back to the apartment, and Han pulled up to the curb. Auden and Jimin stepped out of the vehicle and walked inside together. When they reached her door she got her key out and started to put it into the lock. 

But before she could fully insert it, she felt his hand on her waist, slowly turning her around. 

Her breath caught in her throat as he caged her against her apartment door. One hand gripped her waist, while the other with the number 13 tattooed on his inner wrist, reached up, palm flattening against the wood. 

The key fell from her fingertips landing on the floor with a soft clink. 

"Did you have a good time?" he asked her gently, sexily. And Auden struggled desperately to form words. How had he dismantled her so quickly? With just a few words he was making her knees weak. 

His nose brushed softly against hers, and his hand tightened on her hip, sending tingling sensations through her core and up her spine. 

She gasped softly, her head titling back slightly at the sensation. Gosh, what was he doing to her?