Chapter Twenty

Elliot called his most trusted private investigator as soon as Chris left. He gave the investigator strict instructions that nobody can find out.

At Fredrick's residence, Thelma was in her room when she received a call from Arian.

"I've been expecting your call, what took you so long to call?" Thelma asked.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't call because of the situation of things on ground." Arian said

"What is the situation of things on ground, do you want more money?" Thelma asked furiously.

"She had already been kidnapped before I found her house and apparently she as a week old son." Arian said which made Thelma stiffen. She of all people knew that Bella didn't have anything to do with Neil so the child must be for Chris.

Thelma subconsciously bawled her fingers into a fist in anger.

"What is she trying to do by keeping the baby? Chris or any of his family members can't find out about this." She said with a panicked expression.

"What should I do ma'am?" Arian asked.

"Are you asking me what to do right now? Find them and kill them both. I need a clean job." Thelma instructed while Arian dropped the call.

Anabella had wanted to ask her mum to make her toast but she halted in her steps when she discovered that her mum was on call. She stood quietly at the door waiting for her mum to end the call. She heard all the conversation her mum had and she was able to decode half of what she was talking about because of how smart she was.

Anabella knew someone had a baby and the person was related to her Dad  so her Mum doesn't want him to find out and he instructed someone to kill them both. Anabella subconsciously covered her mouth that was left agape from shock with her two tiny hands.

Anabella quietly tiptoed to her room so as to avoid her mum. She had always known that her mum was strict but what she could never imagine was the fact that her mum was capable of killing someone. Anabella contemplated on calling her Dad but she decided against it after a while. She was totally against the idea of her been the reason for her parents break up. After all she had always wanted a complete family so she believed her mum must have had a good reason for wanted to kill the other woman.

Thelma and Christian's wedding was supposed to hold in four months. They wanted it to make one year after engagement before getting married. Both the Hampson's and the Fredrick's had gotten closer over the past couple of months and both their businesses had grown greatly especially the Fredrick's business. They have gained more recognition worldwide since the announcement of their daughter's engagement.

Bella laid quietly on the bed when a woman came knocking on the door. The woman was in her early seventies, she had white hairs and pale white skin.

The woman held a tray of food and a bottle of water. Bella was more than happy to see food. She had not tasted food in the past 24 hours even though she was breast feeding.

"Hi, I'm Isabel. Have some food." The woman said with a smile.

"Thanks." Bella replied before collecting the food while the woman left the room. Bella started crying as soon as the woman stepped out because she felt so helpless, weak and lost.

At Wendell's residence, the police were in the living room with Vera, Joanna and her husband. They had informed the police about Bella's kidnap and they were looking for means to get her back home when they heard a knock on the door. Joanna swiftly made her way to the doorstep to see who was knocking. She was beyond shocked to see who was standing at the door.

"What are you doing here?" Joanna asked in anger causing Vera to swiftly make her way to the door.

"I see news travels fast, leave you're not needed here." Vera said in anger.

"I'm not going anywhere, please let me help." Chris said.

"Help? Why would you want to help now? You weren't there when she needed you so why do you think she need your help in finding her now?" Vera said with a scoff.

"I'm sorry about how things ended between us but I had a good reason for it. I never stopped loving her." Chris said

"Don't ever say that L word in front of me ever again. Any other person would have believed you meant it." Vera said.

"I can't explain right now but please, let me do this for her. The earlier we find her the better, I'm sure you know what I mean." Chris said

"Officer, there's a man here trespassing, please help send him off." Vera said to one of the officers causing Chris to turn to his heels.

"Jerk." Vera said before closing the door.

"Do you think he knows about Jessy?" Joanna asked

"Why else would he be here." Vera said

"Then we have to find Bella before he does or he might take Jess away from her." Joanna said

"He wouldn't dare." Vera said

Few hours later, Isabel was instructed to give Bella dinner which she obliged.

"Please you've got to help me." Bella pleaded with hot tears.

"I can't, my children and my grandkids could die if I help you.they are been watched." Isabel said

"You don't have to get me out personally but please find a way to talk to my friends, they are the only ones I trust." Bella said handing over a paper to Isabel.

Isabel could hear some of the men talking as soon as she walked out of the room.

"Why is the paternity test result taking so long to get to us." One of the men said

"It would be out of we didn't have to take the sample to London." Another man replied

"So if the boy turns out to match, it's a kill order right?" The first man asked causing Isabel to cover her mouth in shock.

She swiftly made her way to one of the guys

"Please I need to go the store." She said

"This late?" One of the men asked

"Yes, it's just 7:30pm, it's not late. One of you can go with me if you're not okay with me going alone." Isabel said fidgeting with her fingers.

"Jack go with her." The gang leader said before Isabel swiftly turned on to pick up a shopping bag.