Chapter Ten

Bella told Chris to drive his sister home that she could take a taxi but Chris insisted on dropping her off so he drove Imelda to Romero.

It was Imelda's first time in Chris house so she took her time to study his house. She had plans of renting her own place when she turns eighteen. Her birthday was in less than two weeks and she couldn't help the excitement.

Chris led Imelda to her room while Bella stayed back in the living room. She decided to listen to the news on TV. The entertainment news was up and there were few pictures from the event Thelma attended. Bella couldn't help but smile because Thelma was her favourite model in Europe because she loved how confident she always looked and how she carried herself.

Chris came downstairs just in time. He sat beside Bella and pulled her to himself causing her to smile.

Bella knew there was a possibility that Imelda would be famished so she decided to make lunch for them. Imelda couldn't that her eyes off her brother and Bella. She loved the way they look at eachother. She was more than certain that they loved each other.

Imelda told Chris that she'd like to go to movie school. She wanted to become an actress but Chris was totally against it.

"You have to go to business school first, if you choose to still become an actress after graduation then you're free but you girls can't just leave me with Hampson international. Hailey already ran away with her husband to New York although she doesn't want to accept the fact that she ran away"

"If you still want to become an actress after you graduate then I'll fully support you." Chris said. Imelda was beyond sad that the only person that she thought had her back is not in support of her dreams.

"Why do you guys have to choose for me. Is it a crime to be the last child of the family. I thought you'd support my dream but I guess I was wrong."  Imelda said with teary eyes.

"Immy, I want you to know that everything I'm doing is for you. For us, trust me. I've always known that you had passion for acting and I really have no plans of stopping you. Me asking you to go to business school before anything else is for your benefit." Chris said

"Can I study concurrently then?" Imelda asked with a glare knowing fully well that Chris wouldn't want to put to much pressure on her. Both Chris and Bella choked on  their saliva after hearing Imelda's question.

Chris knew his sister was trying to put him in a tight spot but he was smarter.

"I won't be the one doing the studying right? If that's what you want then so be it." Chris said which made Imelda shocked while accepting defeat. She knew she couldn't win against her brother no matter what especially in cases like this so she said,

"Fine." She said with a cold glare before storming off to her room while Chris decided to go drop Bella off.

"Any plans for tomorrow?" Chris asked before Bella could step out of the car.

Bella thought about if for a while before replying.

"Umm. Just church by 7pm." She said with a shurg causing Chris to grin. He didn't see Bella as a church type.

"Church?" He asked with a questioning expression.

"Yes. It's Christmas eve tomorrow you know?" Bella said causing Chris to smile a little.

"Would you like to come? I'll be going with my family members so you can come with Imelda too if you're not busy." Bella said. Chris thought about it for a while before saying

"Okay. I'll pick you up tomorrow then." Chris said.

"When do you guys plan to move by the way?" Chris asked.

"Immediately after Christmas. Mum and Dad just got a new place. It's not far from here." Bella said.

"You still want to live with them?" Chris asked out of curiosity.

"Well I thought about moving but catty would be the only one at home with them, plus I'm barely home. The twins won't be back till next December when they go back to school." Bella explained causing Bella to nod.

"What if you get married, won't you move out, would you still be worried about catty been the only one at home?" Chris asked with a smirk.

"At least it's not anytime soon." Bella replied with s shy smile.

"And why is that?" Chris asked with a furrowed eyebrow.

"Umm. I'm not ready Chris. My career is just starting." Bella said.

"Well I don't have the plans of disturbing your career. We could get married and not have kids yet. We can wait till you're ready." Chris said.

"Marriage is far deeper than just having sex and having kids Chris. It comes with lots of responsibility, especially if its you." Bella said.

"How long would it take for you to be ready?" Chris asked.

"Chris are you proposing to me right now?" Bella asked with a smile.

"Is it a bad thing?" Chris asked causing Bella to smile with a shurg

"Well I guess my proposal got rejected even before it started." Chris said before Bella's phone started ringing.

The call was from an unknown number so she ignored but the person called again so she picked on the second ring and waited for the person to speak first.

"Hi Ella, this is Na-jin, Kim Na-jin." The caller said. Bella's countenance changed Immediately because of how excited she was.

"Unnie." Bella said in excitement causing Chris to wonder.

"Who's that?" Chris asked.

"Kim Na-jin. The lady we met at the restaurant with her husband few days ago." Bella whispered while Chris nodded

"I saw the news. Are you okay my dear." Na-jin asked out of concern.

"Yes I'm fine now." Bella replied with a smile.

"Ok. I just wanted to make sure you're okay. If you need anything don't hesitate to call me." Na-jin said.

Bella walked into the Walter's residence to meet a very worried Joanna. Her aunt was going crazy about the fact that Chris mum had sent for her niece and she was yet to return.

Joanna rushed to examine Bella as soon as she walked in.

"Ella. Are you okay?" She asked with a worried expression.

"Yes Aunt Joe I'm fine." Bella replied with an half smile while Joanna let her to sit on one of the chairs in the living room

"What did she say to you?" Joanna asked.

"Well she gave me a blank check and asked me to write the amount I wanted." Bella said while Joanna scoffed with an eyeroll.

"Typical rich man attitude so what did you tell her?" Joanna asked.

"Well I told her the feelings I have for your son is true so you should keep your money." Bella replied.