Chapter Seven

Bella nodded with a smile while Chris took his time to look at the woman in front of him. She looked so beautiful that he couldn't help but smile at her.

"Thanks for coming, not in a million years would I have imagined that you'd attend my mum's wedding and even be a part of the groom's men." Bella said with a smile while Chris pulled her in for a warm hug.

"Anything for you babe. What are your plans for Christmas by the way?" Chris asked. Bella thought about it for a while before saying

"I plan to spend it with my family members. You know my aunt is around with her kids and this is Catty's first Christmas with new family members and without her Dad so." Bella said sadly with a shurg.

"And you what are your plans for Christmas?" Bella asked studying Chris handsome face.

"Umm. I don't have plans yet. I usually spend my Christmas alone but I think my sister's are coming over tomorrow or so." Chris said.

"Oh right. Your youngest sister doesn't stay with your parents?" Bella asked.

"Ugh ugh. She ran away from home at fourteen. My mum could be so overbearing sometimes you know." Chris replied with a shurg. Bella studied his face and realised that he was hurt. Behind those happy smile was a man who was hurting.

Bella couldn't have imagined that a man like Chris could have family problems so he reached out and held his hand tightly before saying

"What's her name?" Bella asked out of curiosity. She only knew Hailey but she knew he had two younger siblings.

"My sister?" Chris asked with a confused expression.

"Ugh ugh." Bella replied with a nod.

"Imelda." Chris replied.

"She has such a beautiful name. How old is she now and where does she stay?" Bella asked.

"She's Seventeen now. I haven't seen her since she left home. Mum threw her into boarding school immediately she found her. She hasn't come home since then." Chris said almost breaking down in tears while Bella tightened her grip around his hand.

"You miss her, don't you?" Bella asked studying Chris face.

"Yes, I do. I miss her a lot. I miss my sister's a lot. You know we were all we had back then. Our parents were never around and even when they were it was hell with mum.  She made us do stuffs that we didn't want to do. Personally  I didn't want to take over Hampson international when I did. I wanted to focus more on building my software. Although I love working at Hampson international now but it wasn't what I wanted." Chris explained while Bella listened.

Bella understood what he was going through because she had put herself in his shoe's.

"What if mum had not allowed me to work as a flight stewardess, would I have been happy?" She thought to herself before looking at Chris with a smile.

She wrapped her arms tightly around him while he hugged her back while leaning his head on her shoulder.

Minutes passed before the couple let go of eachother. It was almost 10pm when Chris decided to take his leave.

The next morning at Walter's residence, Joanna was the first to wake up. Everywhere was littered with dirt due to the party that was held at the house the previous day so she decided to wake everyone.

She went from one room to another shouting, "Everyone wake up." But nobody responded. Instead they repositioned themselves on the bed. She didn't bother stressing herself any longer she decided to head straight to the kitchen to get a medium sized pot. She checked the drawer for iron spoon. She headed back upstairs with the spoon and pot in her hand.

"Wakey Wakey." She shouted while beating the pot with the spoon. The pot made a very loud sound that could make someone go deaf in seconds.

"Aiiiissssh, Mum." Natalie shouted knowing fully well that only her mum was capable of been so petty.

Bella, Raquel, Luciana, Jeremy and the Twins could not help but open their eyes wide. They stood up swiftly while rubbing off the sleep from their eyes. Joanna was standing at the top of the stairs with the pot and spoon still in her hands.

"Honestly you're so petty aunt Anna." Bella said glaring at her aunt.

"We have to clean and I can't do it alone so get to work guys." Joanna said hitting the pot with the spoon again.

"Fine we are going." They shouted in unison as they made their way down the stairs to clean while Joanna made her way to the kitchen to make breakfast.

It was almost 12 noon  before they finished the cleaning . They all went to their various rooms for a quick shower.

A black luxurious car was parked outside Walter's residence by the time Bella finished taking her bath. Luciana was the only one in the living room chatting on her phone when she heard the door bell ring so she stood up to get the door.

A tall black man was standing at the doorway wearing a black suit and a white shirt. He wore a black tie and he had wore a black ray ban glasses.

Luciana was taken aback by this talk handsome man so she smiled shyly. The man remained expressionless as he stared back at her.

She became a little intimated by the man since he wouldn't even smile at her.

"W...who are you?" Luciana asked shuttering while looking up at the guy.

"I would like to know if Miss Christabella Walter is available."  The man in black asked causing Luciana to scoff with an eyeroll.

"I asked who are you. If you can't answer my question then you might as well go to hell." Luciana said making an attempt to shut the door but was stopped by the man in black causing her to glare at him. The man smiled at the girls boldness because he knew so many girls of her age would have been intimidated for sure.

"I'm  Clinton. The man in black said removing his sun shade.